Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn

Options
  • 11-05-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Ok so I know this sounds as if it doesn't belong here. But I was just wondering what all you girls and lurking boys do to feel happy after a breakup??? For me, and I know this sounds strange, but it has to be a trip to Superquinn (and only Superquinn) to buy lots and lots of food, and lets not forget the wine, lots and lots of wine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ash xxx wrote: »
    lots and lots of wine.

Not nessesarily Superquinn, but you've the right idea there ^ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bottle of middleton with ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

A bottle, I like your style Cremo. :D

ash xxx wrote: »
    A bottle, I like your style Cremo. :D
    well as you probably know yourself, these things shouldn't be done half-arsed. ;)

Indeed!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I also find Superquinn comforting in times of emotional upheaval - i think it's because my Mammy shops there, so it reminds me of being a kid and tagging along on the Saturday shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Lots of Wine and Lots of nights out! (With lots of wine)

You get the gist...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Yeah superquinn will do it!!
    My granny used to do her "fancy" shop there, so I relate it to her, But M&S really is the king of luxury..... Man ? Break up , What break up!!!!!
    By the way , anyone remember H Williams? Think it was bougt out by Crazy Prices... now Tesco.

That is very true Dawnriser, M&S are great too, their cookies like 15 at a time will cure the heartbreak!! And quickly replace it with indigestion, but its so worth it

So far I've always done the breaking and it has always been a relief in of itself.
    Superquinn and MandS are marketing ploys Lidl ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

DAWNRISER wrote: »
    By the way , anyone remember H Williams? Think it was bougt out by Crazy Prices... now Tesco.

Yeah - they became Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, that's brilliant, OP, i'd've never thought of superquinn as a post-breakup shop... :D

for me, i just have to be by the sea. whether that means taking a DART out to bray, or howth, or hopping on a bus up to donegal, i just *have* to be by the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

But M&S really is the king of luxury.....

All that glitters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Superquinn have slipped badly in recent times. They used to be great for a relaxing shop, but now many branches (including the Sutton 'flagship') are little more than a relatively well-run Tesco.

For expensive slobbery scoff shopping, there is M&S, Fresh and Fallon and Byrnes.

M&S porridge - made on double cream, but obviously healthy you know, cos it's like 'porridge' and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

spurious wrote: »
    M&S porridge - made on double cream, but obviously healthy you know, cos it's like 'porridge' and stuff.
    Yup amazing the things you make yourself believe - I once had the OH convinced that dessert, after a big meal, is good for you because the sugar stimulates the metabolism :D

Superquinn would remind me of shopping with my mammy but these days luxury shopping for me would have to be fresh or m&s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Any breakup I've had even if I was the one that called it a day, there's been a touch of sadness that it didn't work out. Even with the looper exes. For some reason I always felt bad for them as well as me. I think rightfully so. We're all on this journey together yet separate, so losing the possibility of a connection, or the failure of such a connection does need some sort of grieving process.

For me going on the lash and then taking some sort of break, like a holiday or taking up something new did the trick. I've done the "get over one woman by getting under another" lark and while it ups the confidence it's not a good plan. At least for me.

I absolutely abhor shopping and I'm not a foodie so superquinn would probably put me over the edge. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Good point Wibbs, very insightful. I also cant stand clothes shopping, hence making me a very strange lady but food shopping really does it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Nothing really. I might train but i do that most days. I might smoke a joint, but i do that most days.

The one that really got to me was worth two bottles of Jack Daniels.

Everyone else should have gotten to me sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

spurious wrote: »

For expensive slobbery scoff shopping, there is M&S, Fresh and Fallon and Byrnes.

At the weekend Fallon and Byrne is a bad venue for post-break up splurge foodie shopping, the place is full of couples discussing which brand of balsamic vinegar to get and choosing food to eat off each other's naked bodies in the post coital glow. Couple city. Mid week is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lilyella

mmmm...superquinn! their brownies are unbelievable!!! wowee!

sex and the city and brownies...in bed when hungover yummy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

going to a really nice restaurant with friend(s) to bitch about it over some top notch food and drink..then lots of drink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I love the Superquinn in Blackrock, its the one that my mammy has shopped at. They changed the arrangements a few weeks ago which has caused an upset in my search for favourites. Will always shop Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

cuckoo wrote: »
    At the weekend Fallon and Byrne is a bad venue for post-break up splurge foodie shopping, the place is full of couples discussing which brand of balsamic vinegar to get and choosing food to eat off each other's naked bodies in the post coital glow. Couple city. Mid week is ok.

Absolute legend! :D

Cinema with a bag of maltesers for me, by myself. Very odd I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I remember it well! AKA 'Willos' Collie Dollies ftw! :pac:

off to superquinn with a list made from this thread.

Oh and dont forget, their Superior Quality Fillet steaks, they really are the best steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Shopping after a break-up, typical wimmins :D If only tesco sold shoes and bags you'd all live there.

Advertisement