Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher Training Interview -what to wear??

Options
  • 11-05-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

What should one wear to an interview for a place as a Mature Student in a Teacher Training college? Should you treat it as a "job" interview and wear a suit? Or is a suit too corporate and formal? Would smart trousers and shirt/blouse be more appropriate for a future teaching student? I'm quite "young" by mature student standards and am worried whether I would come across more positively wearing a suit or smart separates?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I would advise a smart casual look!
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Rosita

What should one wear to an interview for a place as a Mature Student in a Teacher Training college? Should you treat it as a "job" interview and wear a suit? Or is a suit too corporate and formal? Would smart trousers and shirt/blouse be more appropriate for a future teaching student? I'm quite "young" by mature student standards and am worried whether I would come across more positively wearing a suit or smart separates?
    :confused:

I wouldn't ever worry about coming across as too formal. It is by definition a formal interview and would be expected to be treated as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jakfrost

Agree with Rosita. How will you feel if you walk happen to see other candidates all wearing suits?:(

I wore a suit to my mature student interview (granted it wasn't for a teaching course) and the interviewers commented that it made a good impression. I'd be of the opinion that it's better to be overdressed than underdressed, but make sure you're comfortable in it. You can always dress it down by removing the jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Cheers for the advice everyone.
    The interview was actually yesterday morning and I hadnt seen the replies here but had chosen to go with the suit idea -as had most other people! Some people were more casual in skirts and even shawl like things and I have to admit that the suits looked much more impressive.

Thanks again ~Misshoneybun

Advertisement