Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 Astra 1.3CDTI Trade In Value???

Options
  • 11-05-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

i bought a new opel astra 9 weeks ago and have now been offered a job in the uk that is too good to turn down. i won't need the car over there so am looking to sell it - i'm just wondering what the resale value of it would be?

i've had a look around the different car sites and each one is telling me something different :confused:

thanks for your help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Try and be cheeky. Its still under warranty, tell them you dont like it and chance your arm at getting full money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amandak

Hi Melion,

do garages do that - not sure if i'd be that brave to chance it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd say your best bet is to take it with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amandak

Hi all,

Thanks for replies. Bringing car with me isnt an option unfortinately. Really just wondering if anyone out there knows of a price that would help me to sell it. Moving away next month.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

Here is a guide on how to value it.
    Take the new price--deduct what might be offered off the price of the car by the dealer on a straight deal eg 1500-2000.
    Then deduct what a dealer might deduct off a demo=1000-1500.
    Then deduct another 1000 because it is used.
    Plus a new astra diesel will probably go down in price in July because of the new CO2 pricing structure by up to €€2000,so your car also needs to be this much cheaper as people are aware that diesel cars are going to be so much cheaper in July.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your car has probably lost up to €6000 at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest OP it was crazy to buy a brand new diesel car in the first half of 2008 as the new price of the same car will be cheaper possibly by almost €2k on 1st July.

Anyway the fact that you have to sell it urgently now unfortunately means you will have to take a large hit on it. The brand new retail price of your car will drop on 1st July so your car's value will also drop more on top of the normal used car depreciation. I reckon you can expect to get stung for €4k to €5k on what you paid for it.

On the plus side the next owner will have the option of taxing the car on the new Co2 system which will work out cheaper and the car will have almost all of it's Opel warranty left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Try and find a dealer or two with one of these for sale ex-demo. Price your car a couple of grand lower.

It'll be hard to shift, but if you can demonstrate to the new buyer that it's great value, they may bite.

Advertisement