Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With My SD Memory Card

Options
  • 11-05-2008 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hello there, please consider the following nightmare:- I have a SD Memory card which was working fine until a few days ago. It has some cherished fotos on it but now it refuses to work in either my laptop or my camera. On the laptop, I am not getting the usual options I get, instead it skips right to a DSCN folder which is....EMPTY:eek:.

When I stick it in my camera, it asks me would I like to format the card and that to do so would erase all images. When I say "No"....it says it is "now safe to turn your camera off".

I don't understand this- is the card shagged or what. Windows says that the card {128 meg} is FULL {which it is, I know it is} but the folders are all "empty".

Really at a loss here, had some very nice pics I wanted to keep.

Anyone help??:confused:

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

bedlam wrote: »
    download Recuva and see if it can get the photos off the card. If you want to keep using the card format it in the camera but you might want to consider buying a replacement just in case, especially when 1Gb+ cards are cheap as chips these days

thanks i will follow your advice thanks for the help

HoC

bedlam wrote: »
    download Recuva and see if it can get the photos off the card. If you want to keep using the card format it in the camera but you might want to consider buying a replacement just in case, especially when 1Gb+ cards are cheap as chips these days

Hi, I ran the RECUVA programme and it supposedly saved all the files to a new folder, but when I opened the new folder and tried to open the fotos with Windows viewer all I got was a blank screen and message which said "preview not available"...this despite the fact that the individual files were saved and each file has a size and number.

Any ideas? Is the card just sozzled or what??:confused:

Cheers.

latest development......just stuck the card into a Canon Printer which has a memory card slot, and it is reading the card and showing me the pics with no probs.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi guys,
    Any idea how to remove write protection off a write protected micro SD card(2 GB Vodafone) for a mobile phone?
    Ta,
    Selig:D

Advertisement