Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom security flaw

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

conjamuk wrote: »
    Some people are aware of this problem for those who are not read this http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/02/eircom_wireless_security_flaw/. Here is how to change to wpa. http://www.netopia.com/support/intl/eircom/technotes/IEWG_110.html

Have you only heard about that now? That was old news about a year ago.

Reast assured everyone here knows about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's beyond my belief as to why any router manufacturer allow WEP on their routers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cremo wrote: »
    it's beyond my belief as to why any router manufacturer allow WEP on their routers.
    Some devices don't support wpa, I think the wii is one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Some devices don't support wpa, I think the wii is one.

The wii handles wpa no problem - however afaik most wireless 'b' cards will not handle wpa.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I thought it was wep only. As you say some things don't support wpa so having a router that doesn't support wep could be the reason why someone chooses your model over a competitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Its the Nintendo DS (the hand held type one for the less tech savvy :p) thats not WPA compatible, Why any company in this day and age would require somebody to use WEP for a product is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

From the register article "WEP is an industry standard protocol used by telecoms providers around the world" lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

does wpa work with windows 98?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

XP pre-Service Pack 2 didn't like WPA either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I have my router set up with WEP as my son plays his DS online.
    It really is crazy that this is all it supports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement