Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico - any good?

Options
  • 11-05-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all. Just wondered if anyone has experience (good or bad) of perlico broadband? currently with eircom but finding them very slow and perlico sound pretty good - price-wise anyway! What are they like for speed/customer service?
    Also, is there any problem with having eircom phonewatch and using a different broadband provider? I think probably not but i could be wrong? Anyones experiences would be welcomed . . . thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

My parents have the 1MB BB, and it's very reliable and fast enough for nearly anything.

Customer service was poor in a couple of respects though. They had trouble at the beginning with connections dropping, and the instructions weren't clear about using the DSL filters, and when they were trouble-shooting with support on the phone, making sure ALL phones were using the filters wasn't mentioned. There was also conflicting information in the documentation, one place mentioning GB, another Gb, regarding usage, and support said that they were the same. Documentation was also unclear about whether usage (6GB) was download+upload or just download, and support didn't know this either, promised to ring back with an answer, but never did. Anyway, when Perlico finally got the usage details online, these particulars became clear, and thankfully in both instances were on the better side.

This was nearly a year ago now, and there has been no problems with either the connection or speeds since, and no need to contact customer support; maybe they're more knowledgeable now.

I don't know anything about phonewatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Check this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

To be fair, you should have a sconce through this thread too. The users problems were sorted out right there.

TBH, doesn't seem to be too many anti-Perlico users on here, not compared to most of the other providers anyway. Seem decent to me and now backed by Vodafone which certainly gives them some clout. Prices are good too and they have loads of offers which make things cheaper again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Neesie wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondered if anyone has experience (good or bad) of perlico broadband? currently with eircom but finding them very slow and perlico sound pretty good - price-wise anyway! What are they like for speed/customer service?

Perlico = resold eircom, so it will depend on what's causing it to be slow as to whether Perlico will be any better. Is your broadband speed lower than what you think you should be getting, or is it just that the package you're on is slow? I wouldn't recommend Perlico, customer service seems pretty much the same as most other Irish ISPs, i.e. dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Neesie

Thanks for that - it's not actually for me (i can't get broadband!) i just said i'd check it out for someone else. I don't know what speed they have at the moment, all i know is that it's far slower than it originally was. Maybe thats the contention rate though . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I've been with both over the last few years and i'd put it simply

Perlico is cheaper.
    Perlico's internet support are full of people who don't know a RJ45 cable from a piece of string

Eircom is expensive but have better internet support than perlico.

so far i've only had one problem (my own fault, i asked for a 2Mb line even though i knew this was pushing the limits of my connection)

I'd recommend perlico every time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Perlico's Customer support is dismal !

I ordered a bundle for my parents house, it took 4 times longer to recieve everything than they said innitially AND during one of several 20 minute calls they told me NOTHING !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 svuhmed

I am trying to login to my account on the perlico website - it is very very slow - if this keeps up i'll be moving on.

Hope the rest of their service is better than their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 queen B

hi all
    am with perlico and its ok ... running on wireless cause i like to move my comp around on 1mb at moment but did ask 6weeks age to upgrade to 2mb ... 6 weeks later and am still on 1mb and i rang and asked why am not on 2mb i was told i never requested to upgrade to 2mb so just beware if you are thinking of switching to perlico. their customer service is ok nothing special about them but they are cheap cheaper than eircom by a long shot . maybe this time next year i will have my 2mb well fingers crossed anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Perlico have been great, before I used BT and 3 mobile ( enough said). Great customer support, been with them 8 months now no problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement