Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Procedure

Options
  • 11-05-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

May seem like a stupid question, but having never got a tattoo before and had a strong urge in the last few months to get one, I just thought I would ask the question of 'How exactly a tattoo is done from start to finish'

Having seen Miami Ink loads of times, it seems to me(forgive my ignorance) that
    the tattooist will either design or if you already have a deisgn, basically put it onto some kind of light tracing paper and place it on the area of the body you want the tattoo, leaving an outline which they seem to go over in the relevant colour.

Is this roughly what happens?

Also if Yes to above, is the design printed onto your body 99% accurate of what it will look like when the needly is applied.

What kind of tattoos are done by free-hand? and why are they done by free-hand?

I am looking at getting a tattoo exactly like the two different tats in the attached pictures and done on the side of my leg down by the calf.

Any recommendations on who to go to for this deisgn or any other tips?

I am from Dublin but have to say that JMD in Waterford seems to be brilliant just looking at the galleries.

Anyway excuse my lack of knowledge of tattoos and question, guess I have to start somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup that's pretty much how it goes alright. They'll get you to check after applying the design to your skin if the placement etc... is alright for you.

No need to go to waterford when there's plenty of great tattoo artists in Dublin.

Most recommended places (In no particular order other than the order they popped into my head:
    Inkwell
    Snakebite
    Wildcat (Celestial Ring)
    Classic Ink
    Colourworks

(And I'm probably missing some too)

Advertisement