Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trafficwatch

• 12-05-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Don't know if this has been covered before. Maybe some of the Garda personnel on here have the answer.
    I reported an instance of extremely wreckless and dangerous driving to trafficwatch today, having been on hold for 10 mins which is really unacceptable in terms of getting an effective Garda response locally to any incident.
    I know that this driver probably wasnt intercepted by Gardai but I'm curious to know if there's any follow up like a phone call or call to the persons home etc just to let them know the report was made. I realise this takes a lot of man power but might make the person think before they drive so dangerously again. Obviously this system of reporting is liable to abuse / misuse aswell but I left my name and number should a statement be required.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

man was driving down the country and was stcuk behind a slow car, so he flashed her and beeped horn, she got his reg and made a complaint.few weeks later he got a court summons and was prosecuted no garda involved????wtf:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭opti76

Boardsbud wrote: »
    Hi,

Don't know if this has been covered before. Maybe some of the Garda personnel on here have the answer.
    I reported an instance of extremely wreckless and dangerous driving to trafficwatch today, having been on hold for 10 mins which is really unacceptable in terms of getting an effective Garda response locally to any incident.
    I know that this driver probably wasnt intercepted by Gardai but I'm curious to know if there's any follow up like a phone call or call to the persons home etc just to let them know the report was made. I realise this takes a lot of man power but might make the person think before they drive so dangerously again. Obviously this system of reporting is liable to abuse / misuse aswell but I left my name and number should a statement be required.

traffic watch is staffed by civilian staff not gardai ...they fax a garda station with the incident and your contact details. local super appoints a unit o ivestigate the complaint. the unit inspector tels the unit Sgt to appoint a member to investigate. so this might take a few days for the paper trail to end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

shakin wrote: »
    man was driving down the country and was stcuk behind a slow car, so he flashed her and beeped horn, she got his reg and made a complaint.few weeks later he got a court summons and was prosecuted no garda involved????wtf:eek:

There's no way he could have gotten a summons without the Gardai talking to him, they would have had to first establish who was driving the vehicle before they could even think of issuing a summons.

cushtac wrote: »
    There's no way he could have gotten a summons without the Gardai talking to him, they would have had to first establish who was driving the vehicle before they could even think of issuing a summons.

im telling you this is what i heard and as i say reliable, i didnt believe it but he was adament.could be wrong,chinese whispers and all that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

opti76 wrote: »
    traffic watch is staffed by civilian staff not gardai ...they fax a garda station with the incident and your contact details. local super appoints a unit o ivestigate the complaint. the unit inspector tels the unit Sgt to appoint a member to investigate. so this might take a few days for the paper trail to end

Thanks opti. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

shakin wrote: »

Not a chance in hell is this story true.

1. what was he summonsed for?
    2. how do the Gardai know he was the driver?
    3. summons takes longer than that in dublin, country maybe not
    4. who prosecuted him if it wasnt gardai?
    5. before being summonsed you first need to get a ticket if applicable.

Not blaming you, I know your just passing on a story but its fiction and has more flaws than Im mentioning

Not a chance in hell is this story true.

1. what was he summonsed for?
    2. how do the Gardai know he was the driver?
    3. summons takes longer than that in dublin, country maybe not
    4. who prosecuted him if it wasnt gardai?
    5. before being summonsed you first need to get a ticket if applicable.

Not blaming you, I know your just passing on a story but its fiction and has more flaws than Im mentioning
    well your the man in the know so ill take your word, i did express those points about gardai not seeing him,ill have to try and clarify that one...

Advertisement