Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA PPV Spoiler

• 12-05-2008 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I'll edit the title later depending on how this plays out, because you never know with TNA

Kurt hurt his neck last week wrestling in Korea and he said at the TNA house shows this week that he wouldn't be wrestling at them but would be at the PPV. But they opened up the PPV with Angle saying that he has three cracked vertebrae and two herniated discs. So that's yet another broken neck for him. If it's not an angle then I really hope he doesn't wrestle again because he's not going to last much longer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'll edit the title later depending on how this plays out, because you never know with TNA

Kurt hurt his neck last week wrestling in Korea and he said at the TNA house shows this week that he wouldn't be wrestling at them but would be at the PPV. But they opened up the PPV with Angle saying that he has three cracked vertebrae and two herniated discs. So that's yet another broken neck for him. If it's not an angle then I really hope he doesn't wrestle again because he's not going to last much longer

Angle is my favorite wrestler of all time. But a big part of me hopes he retires. He's done enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not a work now, they had a match to decide who replaces Kurt in the main event

TNA obviously knew about this and let fans buy the PPV thinking that Angle would be wrestling. Poor business I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

On Impact this Thursday he couldn't get Nash up for the Olympic slam at all. I still think he's good enough at promo's to help TNA out in that way, maybe become a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yeah, he could become a mentor/trainor/manager to emerging wrestlers. I hope a role like that is enough to satisfy him. If not, and Angle insists on continuing to wrestle, i fear he could end up paralyzed, or, even worse, dying in the ring.

Actually, I was thinking they could replace Don West with Angle. He has always seemed like a reasonable guy with alot of integrity so I'd be sure he'd take the pay cut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

anyone seen this and can recommend what matches are worth watching?
    cheers in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It was only an ok PPV

The wrestling in the terrordome match was great, most of the tag matches were quick and it was boring seeing the same guys all night, the main event wasnt bad considering, Roxxi got her head shaved for no reason because the fans were chanting fire Russo and boring!!, it was a needless stipulation that wasnt really built enough to matter

Wasnt the best TNA ppv i've ever seen they are usually better, but good to see lax with the belts finally

It was a ****in awful PPV. Completely terrible. Main event was ok, women's match was alright apart from the stupidity of it. Terrordome was a complete spotfest but the fans seemed ok with it
    The finalists in the tag tournament were Team 3D and LAX. So all that crap with the made up tag teams had no effect on the tournment. They all lost in the first round and none of them could get along. At least that made sense, but what was the point of it?

Women's match was stupid with the way it went. The fans felt pity for Roxxi gettin her head shaved. I don't know why any of the girls would agree to this unless she was actually looking for a haircut. If not then it was such a waste.

I was watchin the tag tournament final and I couldn't figure out why Hebner wouldn't count the pin while Homicide was getting pinned. Then I assumed that he mustn't be the legal man. But Homicide got the pin a minute later without tagging in. It's insulting when they do stuff like this, they must think that their audience is stupid

All the entrances as well...there were over 40 on Impact and there must have been close to 50 here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA had to cut down on the size of The Pit to get the TerrorDome to fit into the Impact Zone.

Dixie Carter walked around the Impact Zone prior to the show. She had one of the TNA Tag Team Title belts with her for people to take pictures.

Jeremy Borash introduced Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins to the live crowd. He was also introduced on the live PPV

The main event of the PPV was changed to Samoa Joe vs. Steiner vs. Kaz. Obviously they didn't trust a Joe vs. Steiner single match, so Kaz was there to make it a somewhat decent match.

The Kurt Angle injury is obviously 100% legit and it's not good news at all. More on this tomorrow.

A.J Styles was not happy upon returning backstage after his botched spot during his tag team match.

The live crowd was really burned out from seeing the same guys over and over again. from NODQ.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It was only a matter of time before Angle messed himself up again. He should call it a day for his own sake and for the sake of others too. He's well on the road to becoming another Dynamite Kid at this rate.

• Advertisement

There's reports that TNA will keep him out of the ring for a month... If that's true then what Kurt said couldn't be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

What your entrances problem, they kind of have to come out. It would be worse if they just appeared in the ring.

What your entrances problem, they kind of have to come out. It would be worse if they just appeared in the ring.

My problem isn't so much with the actual entrances, it's that there's too many people on the show. There were almost 50 wrestlers on Lockdown, that's just too many. At Sacrifice there were some repeated entrances because of the tag tournament, but you could see that the crowd grew tired of seeing guys for the third time, they just weren't as into it as they had been at the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

is it true that Kurt was banging on about the titles he won in wwe when injured? I imagine management were very pleased:confused:

Shouldnt you be doing something more productive in school? tut tut!!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    is it true that Kurt was banging on about the titles he won in wwe when injured? I imagine management were very pleased:confused:

TNA management you mean? I doubt it, TNA are always mentioning WWE and their titles. They make it sound like titles from other promotions are more important than their own at times

It works better than pretending he was never in the WWE ala Jeff Hardy forgetting he was ever in TNA its stupid

The difference is that the WWE can afford to ignore TNA but it would be utterly ridiculous for TNA to ignore the WWE. An example would be when Monty Brown came to ECW. They ignored his past but could TNA have ignored Booker's past when he came in? Obviously not

Advertisement