Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 452 Lux vs CZ 452 Style

Options
  • 12-05-2008 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all- trying to decide between CZ Lux and CZ stlye, both in 22LR, as first rifle.

Id like to hear opinions from owners to help me decide.

CZ 452 Lux- http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_p...products_id=30 Pros: Iron sights (good for learning to shoot and if scope gets damaged)

Cons: Heavier, wood more likely to get damaged/ scratched, Looks very old fashioned compared to the CZ synthetics.

CZ 452 Style- http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_p...products_id=90 Pros: Synthetic stock (lighter, more durable), stainless barrel, Looks great.

Cons: No Iron sights.

What do you think: How often does anyone use the Iron sights on their 22LR?
    Can you hunt with them?

To the Style / Silhouette owners: do you ever miss the Iron sights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

Ive the lux in 22lr and i cant fault the gun appart from one thing timber gets scratched
    a mate of mine has the style and its also a good gun i just dont like the silver barrer id be more inclined to go with the Silhouette if i was to buy it again
    the lux has a longer barrel also by two inches i think so if its for in and out of a vehicle you mite want to take this into consideration
    all in all i think the 452 is a great gun
    i never used the fixed sights once, but i know a few that do they have the fixed sights for 50 yards and the scope for 75 to 80

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

I have recently put a deposit down on a 452 lux and i had a similar arguement going around in my head as you have now. But if you get the chance handle both of them and see which is better to hold. I fell in love with the lux as soon as i held it because of the wood which was perfect but that was just a personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Either one is excellent. Personal taste would be the only difference. Buy the one you like most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

Good idea Charlie- as soon as i hold them both ill know which suits best.

Unfortunatly im buying online so i wont get the chance!

Is there a gun shop in Dublin/ Sligo where i could compare and handle the rifles?

Or can you pay to go target shooting somewhere they have a CZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Personally I wouldn't buy a gun without handling it. As for gun shops in Dublin as far as I know there's at least one in Balbriggan, in Lucan, in Thallaght and in Monkstown I know of. There's been a thread about gunshops in here that has a fairly good list per county, have a look and ring one or two.

If you want to handle a CZ 452 I think nearly any gunshop will be able to give you a look at one. They're a very common .22 and most likely for the simple reason that you can hardly find better for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

just bought a cz452 lux hope to have in my hands within 7 days:D
    i am trading in a scope and rifle .22 rinfire i hope the dealer will
    have it buy friday. my fo said he will ament the cert asap:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I have a Silhouette .Got it last thursday and i dont have a scope yet!So i use the area for the mounts to aim and its working perfect....its such a light gun as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

i have paid for my new cz452 lux great.:D
    fac done for the above rifle great.:D
    i hope it is in wensday.21-5-2008:(steve

Advertisement