Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need tips on better skin

• 12-05-2008 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

In the job i have i sweat a lot, i work full time and i get sum sweat pimples on my forehead, does anyone have anyone have any advice on keeping them at bay?
    also what foods are good for your skin?
    any tips would be hugly appriciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Are you male or female?

There's the obvious ones, drink plenty of water. Then whilst the weathers good, get a little sun on your face, make sure you have sunscreen on but I find it helps clear my skin up.

Umm.... I'm trying to think of more. Use a good face wash.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If you have a fringe keep it clipped back while you're working, eat lots of fruit, as the above said, loads of water, plenty of sleep, don't wear oil based makeup, and, it's not recommended for your face but I use it anyway, when I have the odd outbreak, hydrochortisone cream, it dries them right up... Is it just your forehead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Good point about the fringe... I was going for if the OP is male that a lot of guys find when they sweat that their hair gel comes out onto their forehead and gives them spots so maybe to switch type or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

im male ,
    thats a good point about the hair gel i normally use the purple brylcream but sometimes use the blue dax wax does anyone know anything about it?
    is the sun good for your skin?
    ya its mostly my forehead and sometimes very small bits of my cheaks close to my nose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 XxkikixX

i second the drink loads of water...used to have bad spots myself till i started drinking two litres of water a day....also keep ur hair out of ur face,try and lay of the gel for a bit and wash ur face with a medicated wash twice a day..also u cud try zinc supplements find them great myself..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think how your skin reacts to hair gel and other products depends on how well they suit you personally but too much gunk on areas that you are prone to spots is never good. Maybe ease up on it a bit or use water based rather than oil based products.

If you get spots mainly on areas where you are sweating and exposed to hair gel etc then they may be due to clogged pores. Exfoliating can really help this kind of problem. You should try a medicated exfoliating scrub like Vichy Normaderm scrub (as opposed to the wash).It has small beady gritty parts in it that thoroughly clean your skin of dirt and dead cells. It also has other ingredients that prevent spots. I know a good few people who use it and it is very good. It's available in most chemists and it's around E10 but lasts for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Try not to over-clean the area either as this can cause the skin to produce even more oil. Avoid harsh cleansers and scrubs and instead choose milder alternatives.
    If using prescribed treatments for the spots/acne avoid exposure to too much sun as this can cause damage to your skin.
    Also try switching your wax for a water-based gel or cream.

Foods to try include ones rich in vitamin E, such as avocado and foods with anti-oxidants such as blueberries and strawberries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lessers

silcocks base is very good for any type of skin and stops you getting spots. i wash my face wit it daily and its also very cheap. u can also use it as a moisturiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

that exfoliant sounds like a good idea can i buy any of these items in tesco or the likes? or do i hve to go to a chemist to get it?
    is it true that if u wash your face with warm water it opens the poures then if u wash it straight away with cold water it closes them should i be doing that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭LouLou1

Hi newbe123,

Blueberries are very good for your skin. And if your not too proud, go for a facial, always clears my spots up, and then remain spot free for about six months.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

newbie123 wrote: »
    that exfoliant sounds like a good idea can i buy any of these items in tesco or the likes? or do i hve to go to a chemist to get it?
    is it true that if u wash your face with warm water it opens the poures then if u wash it straight away with cold water it closes them should i be doing that too?

You can only buy Vichy Normaderm in Chemists. I find it's alot milder on your skin than other medicated exfoliating scrubs like Clearasil etc. They probably do have some other medicated exfoliating scrubs in Tesco too but bear in mind they can be a bit harsh.

You can splash cold water on your face after washing and some people do say it acts like a toner to close pores. Try and see if you like it I suppose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭niavie

Wash your face a couple of times a day with just water. It stops any build up on the skin. Eat lots of fruit and veg and drink lots of water. If all else fails go to your GP and they can prescribe something.

Advertisement