Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options
  • 12-05-2008 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Woke up this morning to a permanent ban from the soccer Forum, Which in my opinion is way over the top , For my offence yes I may deserve a ban .

I would like anybody to read from about page 818 to the last page of the Man utd forum , and judge for your self
    As utd fans we are there celebrating a great result yesterday , When a Mod starts posting again , again and again . I taught it was trolling and said so but when I realised he was a SOCCER MOD I called it disgraceful. this was all happening between 5 and 7 o clock last night .
    when I log back in around mid night to read and catch up on the thread , I noticed that he keep it up for alot of the night (post wise anyway )
    So I POSTED THE FOLLOWING

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55907621#post55907621

yes it may break the rules but a permanent ban ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Very harsh, but with that particular mod, Im not surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I don't get it :/

ROCKMANS post in that thread that he is referring to was deleted as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

IMO what you said wasn't any worse than some of the other comments in the thread i.e. -
    You're a bitter liverpool fan. Its blatantly obvious to EVERYONE on the soccer forum how bitter you are.
    T4TF is a bitter Liverpool troll, and always has been from what I can see on this forum. He's a farce of a mod.

Always "next season" eh T4TF ???

I didn't see any ban/infraction awarded for these so in that respect you were hard done by.

This isn't the first incident between the mod in question and United fans and I think that a line needs to be drawn between being a mod and a user. If the mod was merely a user I don't think he would have lasted that long in the thread himself, plus the mod powers give him a certain invincibility in flaming arguments like that.

This comment sums it up for me -
    T4TF, your kinda inciting us United fans, on such a great day can you just leave it be. Let us enjoy our day , I know your not deliberately trying to incite us but we just want to enjoy the day that is in it, instead having petty rows.

He had made his point yet continued to argue and argue when it was clear that it was shit stirring. He should have left the thread long before he did.

However OP, you're just as bad for getting so worked up about it and getting yourself banned. It's not really worth it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well I can't access the page as I picked up a 1 week ban last week, entirely my own fault.

So I had a look when I logged out and it was a party atmosphere that was soured by comments that should have been kept for another time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't get why people get so worked up over foreign teams playing in a foreign league. I once saw a 50 year old man, born and bred in Ireland, crying when Man Utd lost the championship. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Lads to get the story right the MOD who was posting was not the one to ban me

• Registered Users Posts: 45,890 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maybe i'll change my vote to +1 for a private United forum.... disgraceful from T4TF, but not surprising. backed up by other mods too. also not surprising.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I don't get why people get so worked up over foreign teams playing in a foreign league. I once saw a 50 year old man, born and bred in Ireland, crying when Man Utd lost the championship. It's pathetic.
    Ok then...

Oh boo hoo - i can't understand other peoples motivations or feelings so i'll slag them off. +1 for you!

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »

I know that. My point is that the reason HE wasn't cautioned etc for continuing his flaming was because he's a mod. If he was a user he would have been warned the same way you were. That's where the line comes in.

Tauren wrote: »
    maybe i'll change my vote to +1 for a private United forum.... disgraceful from T4TF, but not surprising. backed up by other mods too. also not surprising.
    Away to CT with yourself.

ROCKMAN wrote: »

I know that. Its how that mods behaviour goes unpunished that is the issue with most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very unfair ban. on the day thats in it, United fans should be left enjoy their moment of glory and other "fans" should not be so bitter and "trolling". as to how this particlur mod is allowed to get away with this is beyond belief.

i am also permanently banned from that forum for absolutley nothing and none of the other mods back me up but this is not about me so wont go into it.

the soccer forum has descended into farce at times and this is another example of it.

the soccer forum has descended into farce at times and this is another example of it.

So very true. I for one will be permanently leaving the soccer forum in 9 days time.

very unfair ban. on the day thats in it, United fans should be left enjoy their moment of glory and other "fans" should not be so bitter and "trolling". as to how this particlur mod is allowed to get away with this is beyond belief.

i am also permanently banned from that forum for absolutley nothing and none of the other mods back me up but this is not about me so wont go into it.

Lol knew you'd be here before too long! You saw the signal then?! -

www.brickshelf.com_gallery_Repoort_Mosaics_BatSignal_batsignal3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh boo hoo - i can't understand other peoples motivations or feelings so i'll slag them off. +1 for you!

Yeah, imagine breaking down in tears in the pub because a character you followed in a soap was killed off. I'm sure that'd be manly. Crying because a team you have no real affiliation with other then you decided to support them one day loose a game is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Ok I need to add my point in too.

I was also banned by this same particular mod yesterday.

In my opinion...(and in most of the other posters in the soccer forum)
    he came into the united thread trying to wind people up, trolling in effect, and when people took the bait...he banned them.
    He is seriously anti-united, which is fine and ok, but using this to bait and ban united fans, with his power as a moderator, is a serious abuse of power in my opinion.

Yeah, imagine breaking down in tears in the pub because a character you followed in a soap was killed off. I'm sure that'd be manly. Crying because a team you have no real affiliation with other then you decided to support them one day loose a game is pathetic.
    Troll?

Thats not being discussed here. Go look for your feed elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yes.....spot on.

how do we get a seperate united forum like the spurs one? i think thats the only solution here and have united only mods. having a liverpool modding united fans, and a bitter one at that, is the root of the problem here

kaimera wrote: »
    Away to CT with yourself.

CT?

The fact of the matter is, he is just simply anti-Man Utd and has a serious chip on his shoulder regarding the team and as such, takes it out on the fans in the soccer forum and is then backed up by other Moderator(s). He came into that thread yesterday, looking for a bannable reaction. Thats the definition of a f*cking troll.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    IMO what you said wasn't any worse than some of the other comments in the thread i.e. -

I didn't see any ban/infraction awarded for these so in that respect you were hard done by.

This isn't the first incident between the mod in question and United fans and I think that a line needs to be drawn between being a mod and a user. If the mod was merely a user I don't think he would have lasted that long in the thread himself, plus the mod powers give him a certain invincibility in flaming arguments like that.

This comment sums it up for me -

He had made his point yet continued to argue and argue when it was clear that it was shit stirring. He should have left the thread long before he did.

Xavi6 i got banned for my comments as quoted above.
    I accept it, I rose to his bait / trolling.

I just think something should be done about the fact that he is CONSTANTLY doing it, as you said yourself, he made his point, but then continues to keep shít stirring , hoping more people will take his bait, so he can then ban them.
    Its childish and pathetic in my opinion.

yes.....spot on.

how do we get a seperate united forum like the spurs one? i think thats the only solution here and have united only mods. having a liverpool modding united fans, and a bitter one at that, is the root of the problem here
    You need to update your sig ;)

Ok I need to add my point in too.

I was also banned by this same particular mod yesterday.

In my opinion...(and in most of the other posters in the soccer forum)
    he came into the united thread trying to wind people up, trolling in effect, and when people took the bait...he banned them.
    He is seriously anti-united, which is fine and ok, but using this to bait and ban united fans, with his power as a moderator, is a serious abuse of power in my opinion.

To be fair, he didn't dish out the ban for ROCKMAN.

Archimedes wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is, he is just simply anti-Man Utd and has a serious chip on his shoulder regarding the team and as such, takes it out on the fans in the soccer forum and is then backed up by other Moderator(s).

Should he be allowed continue in his role as a moderator seeing as he is so BIASED.

I dont care if he is the most anti-united person in the world, as long as that doesnt interfere with his role as moderator, which CLEARLY it is.
    He cant seperate being a liverpool supporter with being a moderator and that is the crux of this problem.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    To be fair, he didn't dish out the ban for ROCKMAN.
    So whats all this thread about then?

Ok so I pose the question to those that are annoyed -

What do you want done?

Do you want him/others demodded? (Won't happen)

Do you want more 'neutral' paople installed as mods?

What's the solution?

• Advertisement

yes.....spot on.

Ive no problem with a liverpool fan modding the united thread...as long as he is not biased, which he clearly IS.

PHB is an excellent example of an fair and even handed mod.
    He is a united supporter, but do you see him trolling the liverpool thread and banning people who rise to his childish bait? No, no you don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement