Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Really I did not Will, if I had then I could have banned more than one last night. Maybe I am more stupid than Des gives me credit for.

Why did you not stop repeating your point, when it was as clear as day that it was annoying and winding people up?

5 people asked you to stop it for christ sake.

But no, you continued to stick your petty oar in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

None Des. Never have. I was just not surprised.
    Anyway, am off, I will have a peek at this after footy. Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Why did you not stop repeating your point, when it was as clear as day that it was annoying and winding people up?

5 people asked you to stop it for christ sake.

But no, you continued to stick your petty oar in.
    Did not realise repeating a point was a bannable offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

None Des. Never have. I was just not surprised.
    Well done.

You know what you were at last night.

And congratulations, you got what you wanted.

More United bannings.

It's just a pity you made it so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Really I did not Will, if I had then I could have banned more than one last night if I was planning a trollybanfest. Maybe I am more stupid than Des gives me credit for.
    You said this happened on the night Pool went out of the CL, and fans came on baiting Pool fans. You said and I quote:
    No Manc fans were banned for doing exactly the same thing as you describe when Liverpool won the CL final, on the night Liverpool fans were more interested in the win than whinging about rival fans disagreeing with them.

We werent bothered until your incessant posting on United threads reached over drive. To be fair, you know what you were doing, and you went about it in the most under handed way, maintaining the whole way through the night that you had congratulated us, when reality your posts were inciting united fans.

I know of hardly any other rival fans y'day who incited United fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Did not realise repeating a point was a bannable offence.

Repeating a post which was baiting united fans , when you have been asked to stop several times, is imo a bannable offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Right folks.

We've come a long way in this discussion, and here's my objective thinking as a neutral who's been observing.

T4TF was acting the maggot, but did so in a way that's been done a million times before and is technically not against the charter. There is also nothing concrete saying acting the maggot is worse if your a Mod. (its fairly common sense but nothing official).

Therefore, nought could really be done to T4TF at the moment as any rules put in place now can't really be enacted retrospectively.

However; What might stop this problem in the future is if some sort of rule were put in place that inciteful comments by a mod are unacceptable.

All IMO of course.

Although I don't agree entirely, this is the jist of my point. Maybe we will amend our own guidelines to suggest that a mod embroiled in a debate, shouldn't ban in the debate, but in all honesty (and here I let out mod sekkrits) T4TF posted asking us to review Kaisers ban as soon as it was made. My own opinion was that were it me, Kaiser would never post in soccer again. Other than that, there is nothing here but mountains, molehills and skin that is far too thin. You guys should never go to a Yankees/Red Sox game, you'd all be crying.
    Im sorry PSI, but thats rubbish.
    His post was borderline trolling, coming so soon as it did after the final whistle..
    exactly. that is the issue. and PSI is refusing to acknowledge it.

Do you read your own posts? You've just replied "exactly" to a post that directly contradicts your own.

The reaction of United fans stemmed from T4TFs first post.

I maintain that if the first post looked like this:
    PSI wrote:
    Looks like my auld paranormal instincts were spot on for this one. Congrats Man U. and congrats to the ref who ensured that it was not interesting as he should have sent off Scholes and Wigan should have had a Pen.
    There would have been no calls of troll for that post......

bah. i was going back to one of the Tibetan/Olympic threads where on the same pages you were attacked by some of the pro-Tibet posters and pro-Chinese posters... failed attempt at humour. :(

.....unless it was on politics.....

I must say, that thread confused the hell out of me. I guess if both sides call you biased, you must be REALLY impartial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Right folks.

We've come a long way in this discussion, and here's my objective thinking as a neutral who's been observing.

T4TF was acting the maggot, but did so in a way that's been done a million times before and is technically not against the charter. There is also nothing concrete saying acting the maggot is worse if your a Mod. (its fairly common sense but nothing official).

Therefore, nought could really be done to T4TF at the moment as any rules put in place now can't really be enacted retrospectively.

However; What might stop this problem in the future is if some sort of rule were put in place that inciteful comments by a mod are unacceptable.

All IMO of course.
    This sums it up for me.

A lot of sharpened axes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I've been following this thread all day with great interest.

I have no axe to grind as I dont actively follow any Premier League team and I've never posted in the soccer forum.

I find it absolutely astonishing that people are trying to defend T4TF. He was very obviously trolling, and imho he knew exactly what he was doing. This is disgraceful behaviour for a mod (and in his own forum !!!), and its shocking that its being defended.

I accept that T4TF may not have broken any direct forum rule, but mods should be held to higher standards than the rest of us. Trolling should not be tolerated from anyone ... and NEVER EVER EVER from a mod in his own forum.

PSI ... you should hang your head in shame ... look at yourself ... whatever way you try to spin the facts you are defending a mod trolling his own forum. You are beginning to look biased and very pathetic indeed for your efforts.

The admins need to sort this out now, and not be intimidated by the actual or implied threat of a soccer mod revolt or mass mod resignation.

Yes there is - when you are the mod of the forum.

There is nothing wrong with acting the maggot in other forums (providing you are happy to accept the consequences) but doing it in your own forum is contrary to your duties as the mod of the forum.

A mod recently banned another mod for banning him from a forum, rightly so he got a bollocking and quickly backtracked. Mods in their own forums have to act to a higher level then users, if they can't accept then its time for a 'so long, fare well' thread in the mod forum.

Edit: Just noticed that this thread was a group of mods giving out about a user conspiracy!

• Advertisement

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    PSI ... you should hang your head in shame ... look at yourself ... whatever way you try to spin the facts you are defending a mod trolling his own forum. You are beginning to look biased and very pathetic indeed for your efforts.

The admins need to sort this out now, and not be intimidated by the actual or implied threat of a soccer mod revolt or mass mod resignation.

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I vote DesF to replace T4TF as soccer mod.

rb_ie wrote: »
    +1

I vote 6th to replace CulT as developer admin.

DesF alas now has a ban against him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

rb_ie wrote: »

+1

PSI wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF alas now has a ban against him :(

ah but sure bans are there to be lifted ;););)

would des take such a job i wonder?

would des take such a job i wonder?
    Lol.

We don't take soccer mods unless they're ban free.

I'm sure an exception could be made for Des, he is a nice guy afterall.

Either Des or get someone who doesn't give a shíte about soccer i.e completely impartial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'll pass on your support to the relevant peoples.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ah well des is already a mod on alot of forums. i dont think anybody would ever question his credentials as a soccer mod considering he is perhaps the most famous and respected poster on it. this would also be his first ban i would think. it would be a shame that this would stop him of getting this or any prestigious post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I missed lost tonight reading this which caught my attention as it has many others i imagine. I don’t post that often in the soccer form myself but we all know that Manu & L'pool fans don’t get along and when we both get the opportunity we throw some banter at each other weather its on boards or outside with friends etc. I do think maybe some people are jumping on the ban waging at TFTF and i am not taking sides. I read the soccer form more then i post and i see allot of trolling and insults but its all part of following football to me. I do think that TFTF was baiting Manu fans yesterday but i wouldn’t expect anything else from a TFTF or any other Liverpool fans, i actually expected.

I purpose that the soccer form is closed after the champions league final and re-opened the middle of July, maybe the Mood’s etc could review the rules during this time and post a sticky up for all current soccer members to read and all new members to agree. I also think that anyone wanting access to the soccer form should not be considered until the new season.

This is only a suggestion after reading through this thread.

PS: I can't believe PSI is female, keep up the good work ;)

I purpose that the soccer form is closed after the champions league final and re-opened the middle of July, maybe the Mood’s etc could review the rules during this time and post a sticky up for all current soccer members to read and all new members to agree. I also think that anyone wanting access to the soccer form should not be considered until the new season.
    Yeah, er, see, there's this thing called the eircom League that will be ongoing for the duration.

What happens to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

DesF wrote: »
    Yeah, er, see, there's this thing called the eircom League that will be ongoing for the duration.

What happens to us?

Ah i never thought of that DesF, maybe Eircom league could have its own dedicated form like the spurs fans do? It was only a suggestion anyways.

Goodnight to all, im tired after reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

What happens to us?
    You get the tiny American flags.

Ah i never thought of that DesF, maybe Eircom league could have its own dedicated form like the spurs fans do? It was only a suggestion anyways.
    We're already marginalised enough as it is tbh.

I don't think there needs to be any break-up of the forum at all tbh.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Oh yeah, that too.:D

• Advertisement

well des is already a mod on alot of forums. i dont think anybody would ever question his credentials as a soccer mod considering he is perhaps the most famous and respected poster on it. this would also be his first ban i would think. it would be a shame that this would stop him of getting this or any prestigious post.

Those are our rules, you can have your opinion, but we have them for our reasons.

In any case, the people voting for any new soccer mod, should one be appointed, and that isn't likely soon, are the current soccer mods.

I already have my eye on someone should we ever need a new mod.

What happens to us?

ROFLOL

I actually had people staring because I laughed so hard.
    PS: I can't believe PSI is female, keep up the good work

Keep up the condecension.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement