Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PSI wrote: »
    I already have my eye on someone should we ever need a new mod.
    It's Mr Alan, isn't it?
    ROFLOL

I actually had people staring because I laughed so hard.
    :mad:

Don't you start on the eL as well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

closing the forum is not a good idea. there is no need for it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you will have to unban me first :D:D:D

I actually think it's hilarious that I apparently have "cronies", wtf like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DesF wrote: »
    I actually think it's hilarious that I apparently have "cronies", wtf like?
    Yeah, I laughed to. You're definitely more croney material.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I laughed to. You're definitely more croney material.
    You think I'd be someone's croney?

And another thing.

I'm "famous"?

:eek::eek:

INfamous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Infamy infamy, they've all got it infamy!

/retreats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

This is going(or has been) great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sorry, not interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

DesF wrote: »
    It's Mr Alan, isn't it?

LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sabotage wrote: »
    Sorry, not interested.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

There are actually a few forums I wouldnt mod.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford one of them? :D Us Deise.. tear ya to shreads boy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I always knew you had an eye for me PSI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bout time my talents were recognised :D None United/Pool mods ftw!

So where's T4TF then? Since when did 'going out to footy' last until 2am? Nothing has been resolved apart from a reduction in the initial ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Wow! Crazy times indeed. It took soooo long to read through the thread, just shows tho the passion thats involved with the soccer forum. I would agree the OP's perma ban was too harsh, that resolved, let the crazyness continue:D

Also +1 for Xavi6 for future mod;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So where's T4TF then? Since when did 'going out to footy' last until 2am? Nothing has been resolved apart from a reduction in the initial ban.

Its that good of a match, its gone into extra time and penalty's I tell ya!

Anyway, give the lad a bit of a break. Bare in mind mods are not required to be on all day every day. We do (sometimes, and some of us - not Sabotage really :P) have a lift outside of Boards and we cant always commit as much time as we would like.

Im sure he will return and answer your points as soon as he has the time to do so. Patience my friend :)

Sully wrote: »
    Its that good of a match, its gone into extra time and penalty's I tell ya!

Anyway, give the lad a bit of a break. Bare in mind mods are not required to be on all day every day. We do (sometimes, and some of us - not Sabotage really :P) have a lift outside of Boards and we cant always commit as much time as we would like.

Im sure he will return and answer your points as soon as he has the time to do so. Patience my friend :)

B-b-but I just read 347 posts and I want answers dammit! Answers!!!!!

In all seriousness though hopefully the higher powers that be will have a peak at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As the OP I feel I must say a few things.
    My OP was about the harshness of the ban , and the history of the thread where I got my ban yes I questioned his behaviour of a mod in the forum but a strange as it sounds I did not start this thread as a dig at this mod . A fact that can be back up by my posts in this thread. YES i questioned his role in last night thread but I did so only to back up my believes and stance .As I stated early in this thread ( around post 60 )I had no idea that there was any history with this mod and Utd posters. As a poster with 1050 +posts with about 800 +(guess ) of these posts in the soccer forum .I would view myself as a non trouble maker A term which has been used today in this thread (all be it ,not about me , but people are saying the usual trouble-makers. This fact can be easy check out by reading " all posts by user.")
    As for PSI role in all this I think she has acted and held herself well , She was the only soccer mod to address the issues raised and she stayed on to answer all questions and field all the **** throw at her and the other Mods concerned. Fair play. YES the ban was deal out by PSI but I think we have resolve this and as I have stated all a long , I was not questioning the ban just the harshness . i have excepted my two week ban. So this part of thread is over as far as I am concerned.
    As for the other ISSUES raised in this thread YES I think we have a major problem in the soccer forum , The rules need to be changed , If a FORUM MOD comments an offence that a poster can be banned for , Then the forum mod in question must face the same outcome IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Since DesF is out of the question, I also vote for Xavi to be the new Soccer forum mod.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Since DesF is out of the question, I also vote for Xavi to be the new Soccer forum mod.

Unfortunately Xavi also has a black mark against his name. Pity though as I'd quite like to do it. I read pretty much every thread in work anyway.

However that's neither here nor there as I really can't see the mod in question being asked to step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bout time my talents were recognised :D None United/Pool mods ftw!

Sheesh, I did not realise I was to be at your beck and call xavi. I enjoyed my game quite a lot thanks and TBH why would I make a special effort to come on here afterwards ? Looks like nothing happened since I left anyway. Am off to the gym, enjoy your day ladies and gentlemen.

Sheesh, I did not realise I was to be at your beck and call xavi. I enjoyed my game quite a lot thanks and TBH why would I make a special effort to come on here afterwards ? Looks like nothing happened since I left anyway. Am off to the gym, enjoy your day ladies and gentlemen.

Of course you aren't at anyone's beck and call but to be fair you did say you'd re-read the thread and come back, which you didn't.

It'd just be nice to have some sort of resolution to this soon rather than having it dragged out for another couple of hundred posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I enjoyed my game quite a lot thanks and TBH why would I make a special effort to come on here afterwards ? Looks like nothing happened since I left anyway. Am off to the gym, enjoy your day ladies and gentlemen.
    Because you took on the responsibilities of a mod perhaps?
    A flippant dismissal of a 350 post thread is not good enough, not nearly good enough.
    If you don't want to do the job, step down.

Hagar wrote: »
    Because you took on the responsibilities of a mod perhaps?
    A flippant dismissal of a 350 post thread is not good enough, not nearly good enough.
    If you don't want to do the job, step down.

Our "job" is to moderate forums not to answer to the whim of every user on feedback. Feedback is a right of reply and neither I nor any other mod has a responsibility to answer here.

We answer on the mod forum and we answer to admins. Until I get a directive from admins telling me I have to answer feedback queries, any posts I make on this forum are discretionary on my part.

You'd do well to remember your place. When you become an admin, an smod or even a cmod, you can presume go around telling mods what to do (wthin your catagory if you're a cmod). Until then, learn a bit of humility.

Our "job" is to moderate forums not to answer to the whim of every user on feedback. Feedback is a right of reply and neither I nor any other mod has a responsibility to answer here.

We answer on the mod forum and we answer to admins. Until I get a directive from admins telling me I have to answer feedback queries, any posts I make on this forum are discretionary on my part.

You'd do well to remember your place. When you become an admin, an smod or even a cmod, you can presume go around telling mods what to do (wthin your catagory if you're a cmod). Until then, learn a bit of humility.

Ah but come on now in fairness if the mod is the subject of such a heated thread then surely they have a moral obligation to address the issue for the good of the forum.

If this thread was started in the soccer forum would he have had an obligation to deal with the issue or would it simply have been locked? Feedback is the only real place where users and mods can debate issues such as this and to be dismissive of it is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I know quite well what a mod's job is. You might have noticed I'm a mod too. I also know to do it properly we must be prepared to engage with all users via the Feedback forum. If you think you don't have to then I don't believe you have a proper handle on your duties. I don't believe mods are above accountability to the posters in their forums. You seem to think you are if you say you have no obligation to respond to issues raised concerning your forum. I can't understand that attitude, at all.

Your paragraph that I have highlighted is laughable. And that is the kindest thing I can say about it. You admonishing me, telling me to remember my place and learn humility. I know my place, I serve the posters that come here and I enjoy it. Remind me of your position again?

• Advertisement

Ah but come on now in fairness if the mod is the subject of such a heated thread then surely they have a moral obligation to address the issue for the good of the forum.

If this thread was started in the soccer forum would he have had an obligation to deal with the issue or would it simply have been locked? Feedback is the only real place where users and mods can debate issues such as this and to be dismissive of it is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, did you just use the term "moral obligation" with respect to feedback?

Do you read feedback? I only come here if someone directs me here (in this case a rather sheepish Rockman) or if I feel like unleashing my anger at someone.

Feedback is a lame duck of a forum that is really just a place where users can abuse other users in front of an assembled crowd. Salem witch trials weren't as barbaric as some feedback threads. "Moral obligation", don't make me laugh.

With respect to your question. The thread, if anyone remembers was about me banning rockman. He came here, he really should have gone to helpdesk or PM'd Ruggie. In anycase, the matter is resolved.

Regarding the other issue. If you want something done, you go to helpdesk. If you want street theater you come here.

If I'm going to address an issue with a forum I mod, officially, I want to do it in a place where people post maturely, respectfully and where there are rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement