Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's the solution?

Private Man Utd forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ive no problem with a liverpool fan modding the united thread...as long as he is not biased, which he clearly IS.

PHB is an excellent example of an fair and even handed mod.
    He is a united supporter, but do you see him trolling the liverpool thread and banning people who rise to his childish bait? No, no you don't.
    I'm fairly sure that there are quite a few posters who would disagree with wrt PHB
    Private Man Utd forum

Along with private fora for every other premiership team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,890 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kaimera wrote: »
    So whats all this thread about then?
    an unfair banning.
    Ok so I pose the question to those that are annoyed -

What do you want done?

Do you want him/others demodded? (Won't happen)

Do you want more 'neutral' paople installed as mods?

What's the solution?

Warn MODS, just like everyone else, for baiting so they aren't allowed to bait and ban (or get a modding mate to ban)

None of the comments quoted in this thread are deserving of a ban, and I reckon if the table shad been turned and it was Liverpool who had won the league etc there would have been bannings for the biating, unlike this occasion.

Maybe a seperate United forum where United fans can discuss the team without baiting from mods is actually the only answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Tauren wrote: »
    maybe i'll change my vote to +1 for a private United forum.... disgraceful from T4TF, but not surprising. backed up by other mods too. also not surprising.

where is the link to the poll for a private united forum.
    This is pathetic in my opinion, i want nothing more to do with the soccer forum while that mod remains in charge.
    Why he cant be UNBIASED like PSI , or PHB is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ive no problem with a liverpool fan modding the united thread...as long as he is not biased, which he clearly IS.

He is a united supporter, but do you see him trolling the liverpool thread and banning people who rise to his childish bait? No, no you don't.

Once again, T4TF DID NOT DO THE MODERATING IN THE THREAD!!!

He didn't edit the posts or ban the OP. He just wasn't dealt with in the same way the user was.
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Private Man Utd forum

And the rest of us that do behave in the thread? I'm not registering for a feckin private United forum. I want to discuss soccer. They are a big part of soccer so keep it to the main forum.

• Advertisement

I'd say there are a few Liverpool fans that disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

yes, i too see a united forum modded by PHB as the solution. any non united trolling then gets permanent ban from it.

signature updated thanks!!!.

He didn't edit the posts or ban the OP. He just wasn't dealt with in the same way the user was.

T4TF banned me in that thread last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

an unfair banning.
    Which has turned into a witchhunt on T4TF.

I'd say there are a few Liverpool fans that disagree.

Possibly, but its nothing like the extent that this certain mod baits united supporters, and then uses his power to ban them once they rise to it.

• Advertisement

And the rest of us that do behave in the thread? I'm not registering for a feckin private United forum. I want to discuss soccer. They are a big part of soccer so keep it to the main forum.
    there should still be nothing discussing Unite in the main forum, just as there are discussions about Spurs in the main forum.

Possibly, but its nothing like the extent that this certain mod baits united supporters, and then uses his power to ban them once they rise to it.

TFTF did NOT ban ROCKMAN, i think it was PSI.

there should still be nothing discussing Unite in the main forum, just as there are discussions about Spurs in the main forum.

To be fair, the Spurs thread stood idle for the best part of a year and was only dug up recently. The same will happen if the United fans feck off, closely followed by the Liverpool fans no doubt.

Deal with the issue at hand, i.e. the moderation of the current forum, before upping sticks.

kaimera wrote: »
    Which has turned into a witchhunt on T4TF.

TFTF baiting and getting away with it is another and important part of what the problem is.

Ok so I pose the question to those that are annoyed -

What do you want done?

Do you want him/others demodded? (Won't happen)

Do you want more 'neutral' paople installed as mods?

What's the solution?

I would like for him to be warned about his continuous baiting of united fans, and for his bannings to be monitored from now on.
    If he can't handle the "power" without being corrupt, then he shouldn't have it.

Why do we not see similiar threads on PSI, or PHB in feedback? Because they behave like moderators should, in a responsible manner.

He banned me however, for the same thing. Essentially just telling him to cop on and stop ruining the thread.

To be fair, the Spurs thread stood idle for the best part of a year and was only dug up recently. The same will happen if the United fans feck off, closely followed by the Liverpool fans no doubt.

Deal with the issue at hand, i.e. the moderation of the current forum, before upping sticks.

You know yourself that there is no real way of dealing with the moderation cause none of the mods will admit that they have done anything wrong. TFTF will eventually appear to say his point, no matter how many times he repeated it, was valid and that repeating it, loads, is not an issue. Whichever mod banned roackman and other united posters will pop in and agree with TFTF and stand by their bannings, then someone will post so LOLCats.

yes, but the root of all the problems on there at the moment is TFTF. i think that is what everybody is getting at here.

PSI is doing her best to be fair and is not the problem in all honesty lads, and the same can be said for the other 3. however, not seeing the trends here with the amount of united fans being banned by this fellow is something that is baffling. we all cant be wrong.

You know yourself that there is no real way of dealing with the moderation cause none of the mods will admit that they have done anything wrong. TFTF will eventually appear to say his point, no matter how many times he repeated it, was valid and that repeating it, loads, is not an issue. Whichever mod banned roackman and other united posters will pop in and agree with TFTF and stand by their bannings, then someone will post so LOLCats.

Then take it further. Get the input of other mods/smods/cmods etc.

I'm a mod and I feel that, whether he intends to or not, he irritates the United fans on an all too regular basis. There's a time to shut up and let it go but he doesn't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OP, when you stick in your post, "If this gets me a ban, then so be it", that means that coming on here complaining about the ban makes you a complete hypocrite.

Anyone fancy to summarise the complaint for me without using any soccer-y words?

• Advertisement

yes, but the root of all the problems on there at the moment is TFTF. i think that is what everybody is getting at here.

PSI is doing her best to be fair and is not the problem in all honesty lads, and the same can be said for the other 3. however, not seeing the trends here with the amount of united fans being banned by this fellow is something that is baffling. we all cant be wrong.

All we want is to be left alone to discuss soccer. Is that too much to ask for on a soccer forum?
    Why can we not do this without being baited by a moderator and then banned for rising to it?
    Im pretty certain if a normal user had done what T4TF did last night, and continually post the same point over and over, it would be seen as trolling, and he would have , rightly, been banned.

FFS why does the soccer forum have to descend to such farce time and time again.
    Biased mods should NOT be allowed in such a volatile forum like soccer. It creates havoc, as can clearly be seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I didn't follow this all last night, so maybe I'm missing something, but all I can see was T4TF trying to discuss a point, and then getting attacked for it.

Is it trolling and/or wrong for a moderator to try to raise a point for discussion? Would it still have been trolling if the exact same point was made by a Man U fan?

stevenmu wrote: »
    I didn't follow this all last night, so maybe I'm missing something, but all I can see was T4TF trying to discuss a point, and then getting attacked for it.

Is it trolling and/or wrong for a moderator to try to raise a point for discussion? Would it still have been trolling if the exact same point was made by a Man U fan?

Nobody is disputing his right to make a point.
    What we are angry about is he kept posting it time and time again, shít stirring at a time when all united fans wanted to do was celebrate winning the title. He then banned me for rising to his bait

Then take it further. Get the input of other mods/smods/cmods etc.

I'm a mod and I feel that, whether he intends to or not, he irritates the United fans on an all too regular basis. There's a time to shut up and let it go but he doesn't do that.

yes neil, but the mods all back each other up and refuse to lay any blame on to each other. i lost all confidence in this place when my perm ban was agreed with and didnt even bother posting on feedback even though alot of people on the board backed me up when they knew what happened

a private united forum would ruin the main soccer one, but that is whats happening and its not our fault. how long more before ALL the united fans are banned? ill give it a month and the soccer forum falls apart at the way things are going. there needs to be something done now.

seamus wrote: »
    OP, when you stick in your post, "If this gets me a ban, then so be it", that means that coming on here complaining about the ban makes you a complete hypocrite.

Anyone fancy to summarise the complaint for me without using any soccer-y words?

Basically a soccer moderator is being accused of flaming in the thread of his club's biggest rivals. Undermining their league win etc etc. It's not the first time he's been accused of it and the fans of the club in question are not happy with the moderation of the forum i.e. backing the mod no matter how wrong he may be.

Exactly. That sums up my feelings 100% and you said it better than I could.
    I don't care if he is a liverpool/rangers/chelsea/city supporter.
    All i am angry about is that he is using his position as mod to intentionally (in my opinion) irritate and wind up united fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In all seriousness T4TF seems to come up quite a bit. I don't visit the soccer forum, and have no prior interaction with said mod, but he constantly crops up as a point of grievance for many fans using the forums, in contrast with the other mods who I've never seen mentioned much. I know 'no smoke without fire' isn't always applicable, but surely considering this is only one of several issues with the same mod, consistently with the same type of issues, there must be something to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

jesus... there is no common sense on the soccer forum.

if the situation was reversed and it was someone saying similar about Liverpool have no fear T4TF would have gone on the defensive. everyone does. considering how much he pushed the issue i think it's understandable how some United fans became a bit... rash.

however, 'farce of a mod'? what were you expecting ROCKMAN? that's personal abuse. ban deserved. tbh i'm surprised T4TF didn't ban you there and then.

edit: wait, i'm just after seeing it wasn't ROCKMAN who said farce of a mod. wtf was he banned for then?

stevenmu wrote: »

his initial point was valid. Repeating over and over again made it trolling.

If i went into the liverpool thread and said they'd never win the league under rafa cause he doesn't know how to win the Prem, i would not expect to be banned. If i repeated it over and over, i would expect at least a warning.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

i will summarise it!

theres a very biased mod on the soccer forum that is constantly banning united fans. the fact that this thread has gone to 4 pages in less than an hour shows we all cant be wrong. united fans are getting sick of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement