Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

personally i think you've no excuse. what you said amounted to personal abuse, regardless of what you may think of other posters actions in a thread you're comments were not warranted.

In general I find people in soccer need to learn to use the 'report post' function and stop derailing threads.

I agree. I deserved to be banned as I broke the rules of the forum by posting personal abuse.
    He laid the bait, I jumped at it.

T4TF however, also in my opinion broke the rules, and constantly does so by baiting united fans. And this is not just my opinion, it is almost every united fans opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Rockman needs to be reinstated immediately, whatever about his posts, he is always first with the starting lineups.!!! Bring him back now!!! Please!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The fact that this thread is now 6 pages long in 90 minutes clearly shows the depth of feeling this mod has evoked in the soccer forum.

It doesn't really if 20-ish of the posts are from you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I agree. I deserved to be banned as I broke the rules of the forum by posting personal abuse.
    He laid the bait, I jumped at it.

T4TF however, also in my opinion broke the rules, and constantly does so by baiting united fans. And this is not just my opinion, it is almost every united fans opinion.
    And in 'pool fans opinion, the Utd mod does the same.

Get over it.

10% agree. I called him up on his trolling, called him a troll, and said he was a farce of a mod because of the way he was carrying on.

He banned me for this.

It is my opinion, and many others who have already posted, that he deliberately set out to goad and bait united supporters, and that when some of them, myself included foolishly rose to his petty bait, he banned me.

Only 10%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Boggles wrote: »
    Rockman needs to be reinstated immediately, whatever about his posts, he is always first with the starting lineups.!!! Bring him back now!!! Please!! :(

holdup - immediately? We don't need him back til 7pm, wednesday 21st!:D

nipplenuts wrote: »
    It doesn't really if 20-ish of the posts are from you :D

Ok, i wont post anymore on this thread , as it may devalue the many posts already made by numerous people ,including moderators ,who have stated that T4TF does not act responsibly on the soccer forum.
    I hope we get some kind of resolution to this, whatever it may be, and that we can return to talking about soccer, which after all is the entire point of the forum.

With no more bitterness and baiting from moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ok, i wont post anymore on this thread
    Skeptical cat is skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Maybe someone should explain to the mod in language that he can understand the concept of unbiased forum moding ....

Makka Pakka,
    Akka Wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo!

Makka Pakka,
    Appa yakka,
    Ikka akka, ooo

Hum dum,
    Agga pang,
    Ing, ang, ooo

Makka Pakka,
    Akka wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo!

Ok, i wont post anymore on this thread , as it may devalue the many posts already made by numerous people ,including moderators ,who have stated that T4TF does not act responsibly on the soccer forum.
    I hope we get some kind of resolution to this, whatever it may be, and that we can return to talking about soccer, which after all is the entire point of the forum.

With no more bitterness and baiting from moderators

Maybe I'm confused - wouldn't be the first time - but I thought the thread was concerning a ban handed down by PSI. On which matter, without reading the actual post and going on what the OP has admitted, is warranted. Not perhaps a permaban. And not saying there wasn't provocation either, but that's no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Boggles wrote: »
    Tauren wrote: »
    holdup - immediately? We don't need him back til 7pm, wednesday 21st!:D

Thanks its great to be loved :D

But on a side and more serious note , me been first with team news has become a superstitious thing, has become a lucky charm for me anyway(only 1 bad result i can think off ) since I started doing it.;)

Maybe I'm confused - wouldn't be the first time - but I thought the thread was concerning a ban handed down by PSI. On which matter, without reading the actual post and going on what the OP has admitted, is warranted. Not perhaps a permaban. And not saying there wasn't provocation either, but that's no excuse.

Yes, the thread is also concerning the ability or lack ok, of T4TF to moderate the soccer forum in an unbiased manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Things were running a little hot yesterday. A lot of emotion, a lot of people getting too excited.

On a day like that I think the mods should cut people a little slack as even the most responsible posters could get caught up in the excitement.

A permanent ban is a very severe punishment and should only be handed out in the most extreme of circumstance. I don't think this was an extreme circumstance. If the post warranted a ban, a lesser ban would be more appropriate.

My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kaimera wrote: »
    And in 'pool fans opinion, the Utd mod does the same.

Get over it.

in fairness to PHB (who i assume you're talking about) while i can see why some of his posts irritate the Pool fan's (and occasionally myself :p), by and large he knows when to stop pushing an issue. I can't recall him ever becoming embroiled in a near 100post long back and forth like last night.

fair play to Rockman for reposting his post. looking at it I think a ban of sorts was deserved, it's borderline personal abuse. I do however think all things taken into consideration a permanent ban is excessive, it almost certainly wouldn't be permanent had it been levelled at another non mod poster.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Skeptical cat is skeptical.
    Never fail skeptical cat.
    Yes, the thread is also concerning the ability or lack ok, of T4TF to moderate the soccer forum in an unbiased manner.

/looks at shoes

Once you have been banned three times you will be permanently banned from soccer and permanent means permanent

Is this a third strike RM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    These posts where earlier in the night I return to the forum about 4 or 5 hours later to catch up with thread seen that T4TF continued hence the " all night " comment so I posted this and it is this that got be banned

Quote:
    " Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    all night

just back from the pub , had a few drinks with a few very disappionted Chelsea fans , but even drunk they showed more class than you will in a million years
    I REALLY HOPE WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT THIS THREAD YOU WILL BE A SHAMED.

you sir acted like a brat tonight.

if this gets me a ban so be it. "

think this ban bit was a mistake and I think PSI had a problem with it too , But I will wait and see any responses from PSI to see if this is the case

To be fair, I can see why you were banned. Now, that's not to say that T4TF wasn't in the wrong as well, but two wrongs and that. You're dragging the thread off topic there, and essentially throwing abuse at the mod, so it's absolutely no surprise you got yourself banned. You could have reported the posts, you could have taken it to Feedback or the Helpdesk, but you chose to act the muppet on thread instead.

Permanent ban is harsh mind you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

To be fair, I can see why you were banned. Now, that's not to say that T4TF wasn't in the wrong as well, but two wrongs and that. You're dragging the thread off topic there, and essentially throwing abuse at the mod, so it's absolutely no surprise you got yourself banned. You could have reported the posts, you could have taken it to Feedback or the Helpdesk, but you chose to act the muppet on thread instead.

How could he report the posts when the mod was involved ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We all see Reported Mods. The mod of the forum in question will get it via email/PM as will the CMODs.

By pressing the report this post button, that's how.

There's more than one moderator on the soccor forum, is there not? There's also a thread created in a reported posts forum, where the admins, smods and all other moderators can see the report.

• Advertisement

By pressing the report this post button, that's how.

Well i would report him right now for trolling / baiting, but as im banned from soccer, I cant .

Do you think there is a difference in "You sir acted like a brat tonight " and " you sir are a brat ,or as you "chose to act the muppet"
    Because I do.
    i was attacking his behaviour not the person.

" I hope when you look back at this thread you are ashamed "
    again not personnal but questioning his actions.

Dragging of topic Yes maybe but no difference in what he was doing all night.

QUESTIONING HIS CLASS . YES PERSONNAL .NOW WHEN I READ IT BACK and I DO DESERVE A BAN FOR THIS but in my defence when I was typing it I was trying to say the difference that was been showed by other fans and trying to state that maybe he could learn from their behavior a point I fail to express , I worded it so wrong , Hands up

Also I have not question the Ban , just the harshness and have asked is there anywhere I can appeal the permanent part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Karl Hungus: Regards dragging this thread off topic - Sherifu and others with their skeptical cat nonsense is more off topic than any other posts on this thread but nothing has been said about it. Don't see the point in pulling the OP up on it in that case. One rule for everyone etc...

A point to note; the OP has apologised for his actions and been big enough to admit he deserves a ban, albeit not a permanent ban which is ludicrous, but as has been pointed out, Mods never seen so forthcoming in admitting such faults. And at this stage, or to anyone who read the pages in question, it's lucidly clear there was definite fault on the part of the Mod for his baiting and then for the mod who made the ban permanent. Which again is beyond ridiculous.

Karl Hungus: Regards dragging this thread off topic - Sherifu and others with their skeptical cat nonsense is more off topic than any other posts on this thread but nothing has been said about it. Don't see the point in pulling the OP up on it in that case.
    Another manc. Surprise!

Sherifu wrote: »
    Another manc. Surprise!
    My point is perfectly valid. If there's no consistency then where does it get us - a thread like this.

Ironic that your comment is not too dissimilar to how T4TF was acting.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Do you think there is a difference in "You sir acted like a brat tonight " and " you sir are a brat ,
    Because I do.

Yes there is a different, and taken on it's own it's not much to get in a huff about, but in the context of your post, everything you said was something negative directed towards him. It's just a generally abusive post.
    Dragging of topic Yes maybe but no difference in what he was doing all night.

But that doesn't excuse your posts. If he's acting out of gear, then you shouldn't have stooped to it, you should have brought it to the attention of the admins by posting on helpdesk.

I guess you know for next time. ;)

If there's no consistency then where does it get us - a thread like this

A thread where the OP is asking about a ban by one mod but everyone jumps on a bandwagon to take shots at a different mod?

kaimera wrote: »
    A thread where the OP is asking about a ban by one mod but everyone jumps on a bandwagon to take shots at a different mod?

A thread where people are annoyed at one set of rules being applied to regular users and another to mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tauren wrote: »
    TFTF baiting and getting away with it is another and important part of what the problem is.
    He is becoming a bit of a parody if himself.

He IS baiting, he is doing it on purpose, and he's banning people.

It's no behaviour for a mod.

He is a disgrace.
    provocation is not an excuse for misbehaviour.
    The golden rule should be, "don't rise to the bait"
    The fact that the bait/provocation is coming from a Moderator, of the soccer forum, is worrying.

He needs to step back, or be told to take a step back, imo.

• Advertisement

Yes there is a different, and taken on it's own it's not much to get in a huff about, but in the context of your post, everything you said was something negative directed towards him. It's just a generally abusive post.

But that doesn't excuse your posts. If he's acting out of gear, then you shouldn't have stooped to it, you should have brought it to the attention of the admins by posting on helpdesk.

I guess you know for next time. ;)

That my point. what next time ? I AM PERMANENTLY BAN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement