Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban. is it over the Top.??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Were you banned previous Rockman?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

My point is perfectly valid. If there's no consistency then where does it get us - a thread like this.

Ironic that your comment is not too dissimilar to how T4TF was acting.
    Firstly, skeptical cat was right to be skeptical.

Secondly, this thread shows what's wrong with the soccer forum. A lot of posters need to have some self control and not rise to trolling or lower themselves to name calling.

Thridly, if what ROCKMAN posted was indeed the deleted post, a permanent ban is harsh imo unless it's the 3 strikes rule.

Fourthly, if T4TF is found to be in the wrong I have faith the higher powers will act.

Lastly, as I said already, i'm not fond of the other banned posters coming into the thread jumping up and down with an axe to grind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sherifu wrote: »
    A lot of posters need to have some self control and not rise to trolling or lower themselves to name calling.
    And the mod needs to stop trolling.

Seriously.

That's the only problem here, a mod trolling his own forum, to get people banned. Man Utd fans.

It doesn't matter that he's not the one doing the banning either.

People are getting banned because a mod is trolling his own forum, and that is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

bauderline wrote: »
    Maybe someone should explain to the mod in language that he can understand the concept of unbiased forum moding ....

Makka Pakka,
    Akka Wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo!

Makka Pakka,
    Appa yakka,
    Ikka akka, ooo

Hum dum,
    Agga pang,
    Ing, ang, ooo

Makka Pakka,
    Akka wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo!

Emmmm, will i get your coat?

DesF wrote: »
    And the mod needs to stop trolling.

That was covered by point 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kaimera wrote: »
    Were you banned previous Rockman?

No
    got a warning about a month back , For posting a stupid joke,( liverpool joke in the utd forum)
    But other than that clean

And the mod needs to stop trolling

*mods

Come now Des if you think T4TF is the only one to troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He is becoming a bit of a parody if himself.

He IS baiting, he is doing it on purpose, and he's banning people.

It's no behaviour for a mod.

Now this I do agree with. There is no way a whole thread would be derailed and numerous posters getting majorly pissed if there wasn't a fire lit. And it's not the first time. That's the crux of the issue here.

*mods

Come now Des if you think T4TF is the only one to troll.

Are you referring to the other soccer mods?

Or to me?

I'm already banned, and I don't troll my own forums.

I don't care what the other soccer mods do, they aren't going around deliberatley provoking people, then getting them banned.

Are you referring to the other soccer mods?

Or to me?

I don't care what the other soccer mods do, they aren't going around deliberatley provoking people, then getting them banned.
    Mods in general

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mods in general

Are you calling me a troll? I take offense to that my good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    That my point. what next time ? I AM PERMANENTLY BAN

I seriously doubt the ban is going to stand.

I do sympathise, a mod should be setting an example, and trolling/baiting is certainly not a good example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

He is becoming a bit of a parody if himself.

He IS baiting, he is doing it on purpose, and he's banning people.

It's no behaviour for a mod.

He is a disgrace.

The fact that the bait/provocation is coming from a Moderator, of the soccer forum, is worrying.

He needs to step back, or be told to take a step back, imo.

100% agree with all your points, and I called him a disgrace of a mod last night, and he banned me for it.
    I'd love to see some stats on how many people he has banned and what % were posting on the United thread.

The fact that at least 5 moderators have come on here and stated that his behaviour has been unacceptable speaks volumes.

This is the crux of the matter at hand.
    He is creating havoc and serious unrest in a forum that he moderates.
    Which is nothing short of disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I havent read the thread in question in the soccer forum as I rarely visit there (not much point if posts have been deleted) but I have read this thread in its entirety and it seems that most people including mods are of the opinion that a moderator is trolling his own forum. If thats the case then there is no excuse for that type of behavior and he should consider his position before someone else considers it for him.

In saying that I would like to see his response to the accusations posted up here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bare in mind - we cant cast judgement until we see the offending posts or the mod in question address the points. There may be a perfectly reasnoable explanation. I do think a perm ban is harsh considering this is his first bannable offense, and I think it takes a lot to get a perm ban. The soccer mods get a lot of slack over their job, and it might be that bit to much over moderated. Perhaps its time for a review? I dont know, but regardless we need to wait for the mod to pass comment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Tauren wrote: »
    his initial point was valid. Repeating over and over again made it trolling.

If i went into the liverpool thread and said they'd never win the league under rafa cause he doesn't know how to win the Prem, i would not expect to be banned. If i repeated it over and over, i would expect at least a warning.
    Nobody is disputing his right to make a point.
    What we are angry about is he kept posting it time and time again, shít stirring at a time when all united fans wanted to do was celebrate winning the title. He then banned me for rising to his bait

He made a prediction pre-game, and then posted again that it was correct (in his view). It's a point for discussion, not trolling. I'm sure most people posting on the soccer forum, just like most people in real life, have questioned a referees judgement, is it trolling any time that happens? I know the soccer forum has some slightly different rules to most of the rest of the site, but can it really be considered trolling to try and discuss how a game went?

Tbh, this thread just seems like a bunch of banned users jumping on the bandwagon to have a moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

stevenmu wrote: »
    He made a prediction pre-game, and then posted again that it was correct (in his view). It's a point for discussion, not trolling. I'm sure most people posting on the soccer forum, just like most people in real life, have questioned a referees judgement, is it trolling any time that happens? I know the soccer forum has some slightly different rules to most of the rest of the site, but can it really be considered trolling to try and discuss how a game went?

Tbh, this thread just seems like a bunch of banned users jumping on the bandwagon to have a moan.

Of course he's entitled to make his point but once that's done and people are getting wound up there comes the time when you have to step out of the thread. Being a mod he should have recognised this and not continued the argument.

come off it will you. He repeated his "prediction" at least 10 times after the game and wouldnt let up about the refereeing decisions.
    5 people requested him to stop trying to wind people up , and to just let us enjoy the celebrations...but no he continued poking and needling people.
    I called him a farce and a troll at that stage and he banned me.

So a permanent ban is fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sully wrote: »
    Bare in mind - we cant cast judgement until we see the offending posts or the mod in question address the points. There may be a perfectly reasnoable explanation. I do think a perm ban is harsh considering this is his first bannable offense, and I think it takes a lot to get a perm ban. The soccer mods get a lot of slack over their job, and it might be that bit to much over moderated. Perhaps its time for a review? I dont know, but regardless we need to wait for the mod to pass comment.

I have posted it all ready but if you miss it , there it is again word for word copied and pasted from PM I got for Mod re--ban

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    all night

just back from the pub , had a few drinks with a few very disappionted Chelsea fans , but even drunk they showed more class than you will in a million years
    I REALLY HOPE WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AT THIS THREAD YOU WILL BE A SHAMED.

you sir acted like a brat tonight.

if this gets me a ban so be it.
    please remember that it must be put in on context of the thread and the 4/5 hours leading up to it. Not trying to use as an excuse by the way ,just think it should be beared in mind.

On this, he post his pre-game prediction numerous times before he got replies
    AND started posting again and again to these replies look for respones IMO, Was even asked by a few posters to leave it out because of the night that was in it. If a poster did this they be ban for trolling asf or the Forum Mod doing it I TAUGHT IT WAS DISGRACEFUL AND TOLD HIM SO long before the banning post

Where are the soccer mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

say it with me brothers:

"I AM NOT MY FOOTBALL TEAM. WHEN THEY WIN I AM HAPPY BUT THE WIN IS NO REFLECTION ON ME PERSONALLY. WHEN THEY LOSE I AM SAD BUT THE LOSS IS NO REFLECTION ON ME PERSONALLY. THE CLUB, IT'S STAFF AND INSTITUTIONS OWE ME NOTHING, AS I OWE THEM NOTHING. PEOPLE ATTACKING MY TEAM ARE NOT ATTACKING ME. PEOPLE ATTACKING FOOTBALL CLUBS ARE NOT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. I AM AN INTELLIGENT PERSON. I AM NOT MY FOOTBALL TEAM."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,892 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tbh wrote: »
    say it with me brothers:

"I AM NOT MY FOOTBALL TEAM. WHEN THEY WIN I AM HAPPY BUT THE WIN IS NO REFLECTION ON ME PERSONALLY. WHEN THEY LOSE I AM SAD BUT THE LOSS IS NO REFLECTION ON ME PERSONALLY. THE CLUB, IT'S STAFF AND INSTITUTIONS OWE ME NOTHING, AS I OWE THEM NOTHING. PEOPLE ATTACKING MY TEAM ARE NOT ATTACKING ME. PEOPLE ATTACKING FOOTBALL CLUBS ARE NOT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE. I AM AN INTELLIGENT PERSON. I AM NOT MY FOOTBALL TEAM."
    I would say the players and staff of the club owe the supporters of their club, in general, for their wages. Without the fans, there would be no football clubs.

To be fair, from what i've read, I don't think T4TF decided the ban. It was PSI that banned ROCKMAN, no?

To be fair, from what i've read, I don't think T4TF decided the ban. It was PSI that banned ROCKMAN, no?

Correct. However T4TF was the instigator of the trouble in the united thread, ifn effect causing Rockmans and my own(he personally banned me) banning.

Do you think its ok for a mod to troll his own forum? Because that is clearly what T4TF did for a number of hours yesterday.

Do you think its ok for a mod to troll his own forum? Because that is clearly what T4TF did for a number of hours yesterday.
    I haven't read the thread in soccer. But I answered what should happen in one of my replies above, i.e. it's an admin call.

Didn't you say something about not posting in this thread anymore?

Didn't you say something about not posting in this thread anymore?

well done on spotting that.

I feel this is a very important matter that needs to be highlighted.
    The fact that over 20 regular posters on the soccer forum have come on here and given evidence of T4TF's regular trolling speaks volumes of how much feeling there is about this subject. He is rotten to the core

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Of course he's entitled to make his point but once that's done and people are getting wound up there comes the time when you have to step out of the thread. Being a mod he should have recognised this and not continued the argument.
    come off it will you. He repeated his "prediction" at least 10 times after the game and wouldnt let up about the refereeing decisions.
    5 people requested him to stop trying to wind people up , and to just let us enjoy the celebrations...but no he continued poking and needling people.
    I called him a farce and a troll at that stage and he banned me.

It looks to me like he tried to make a point, got personally jumped upon, and then tried to bring discussion back to the point he was trying to make. If people can't handle a point being made, which is a valid point within the rules of the forum, and react by breaking the rules of the forum, that's their own fault, not that of the mod.

A ban is certainly fair, multiple warnings had been given on thread by another moderator (PSI). I don't know the specifics of it, if it is permanent or not, and what the reasoning behind that may be. There's a 3 strikes rule, so it might be that. Or there may or may not be extra factors.

• Advertisement

The fact that over 20 regular posters on the soccer forum have come on here and given evidence of T4TF's regular trolling speaks volumes of how much feeling there is about this subject. He is rotten to the core
    Lol.

We must be reading different threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement