Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All inclusive ticket

• 12-05-2008 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Anyone know can you get a ticket from kildare to heuston that covers the luas and the dart, I want an all inclusive ticket from kildare to dun laoghaire but couldnt find any info on irishrail.ie

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

You can get a ticket for that journey. It shouldn't be any problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

atat23 wrote: »
    Anyone know can you get a ticket from kildare to heuston that covers the luas and the dart, I want an all inclusive ticket from kildare to dun laoghaire but couldnt find any info on irishrail.ie

thanks.

It is perfectly possible to buy such a ticket. Be sure to ask when purchasing the ticket that it covers the LUAS transfer from Heuston to Connolly.

The weekly Long Hop Commuter ticket also covers all Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann and Iarnród Éireann services (but not LUAS) from Kildare to Dublin and DART. This would cover the 90 bus between Heuston and Connolly or Tara Street stations.

Note that the 90 bus is normally faster than the LUAS making the journey between Heuston and Eden Quay (get off there for Tara Street Station and a shorter walk!).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

cool thanks, that'll be better than queuing twice on a monday morning =)

Im thinking that it should be clearer on the website, im not the only one in the dark I see a few people queuing at both stations, people like me who atm buy two tickets, its more expensive so irish rail probably aren't complaining about it :P

Also the one time I asked the guy at the station if this type of ticket existed, i was told no and he looked at me as if I had two heads, maybe he didnt fully understand what I was asking for, and it was a monday morning so there was a big queue :S

but before i ramble on anymore, thanks again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

Don't worry, the double headed experience is known to some of us looking for unusual tickets.

Please do note that an ordinary ticket travelling from Kildare to Dun Laoghaire is valid only on the bus between Heuston and Connolly and not the Luas, unless you specifically ask for the Luas add on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please do note that an ordinary ticket travelling from Kildare to Dun Laoghaire is valid only on the bus between Heuston and Connolly and not the Luas, unless you specifically ask for the Luas add on.
    If you are unlucky, you could end up with a ticket that only covers the rail bit, no tram or bus - you pay extra or walk.

I think wander along when it is quiet. Not all ticket sellers know the codes (even though they are issued with a manual. The code for Dun Laoghaire is 131. Ensure he includes the bus / Luas. It needs to say it on the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

Hi all I know this may be a long shot but does anybody know if it is possible to buy a weekly ticket from balbriggan to Dundalk and if so an approx of how much it would cost. Went to the station yesterday but the lad behind the counter didn't even know how to make up the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It should be available. Balbriggan is station 116, you need to (easiest way to do it) ask Dundalk what their station number is. Armed with those two piece of information, you should be able to get a ticket.

Pricing: http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/fare_calc.php?station_from=DDALK&station_to=BGGAN&stage1=Submit+Query

Advertisement