Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanwood on golf links road

• 12-05-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was thinking of buying a house in Evanwood on the golf links road. I have just heard that clohessy homes the developers have stopped building and that no new phases are going in at this time, i have also heard that they are having difficulty in selling the houses. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mark_jmc wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was thinking of buying a house in Evanwood on the golf links road. I have just heard that clohessy homes the developers have stopped building and that no new phases are going in at this time, i have also heard that they are having difficulty in selling the houses. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks,
    M

Houses new or second hand generally are not selling at the moment. Alot of builders are giving away free stuff with new houses to try and shift them. It is the current conditions of the housing market rather than down to one builder or area.

The building boom we were experiencing for the last number of years seems to be levelling out. Interest rates are higher, cost of living is higher, second hand property has been over valued and 100% mortgages are no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

know someone who just bought there, he seems happy with his purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any updated opinions on this estate? Orders are now been taken for phase 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I had a look at the houses last week and to be honest for the money they are looking for they are very small houses. The finish is lovely on them I have to say and they are building up the estate more but for example if you have or are thinking of having kids there is nowhere for them to go. Its one sitting room, a small enough dining area and a tiny kitchen if you don't get the extension, which is 18,000euro extra. As I say they are beautifully finished but I reckon for the same money you would get a much more practical house. They are probably aimed more at a couple who don't want kids or even older people that want a nice house to retire in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Nearly 220k for three beds is that right?
    http://www.daft.ie/sales/3-bed-semi-detached-with-kitchen-extension-evanwood-golf-links-road-castletroy-limerick/1039179/

Why are the houses listed as sold recently, on the property price register so much cheaper

22/04/2015 €133,920.70 143 Evanwood, Golf links Road, Castletroy
    02/04/2015 €145,947.14 159 Evanwood, Golf Links Road, Castletroy
    31/03/2015 €148,458.00 157 Evanwood, Golf Links Road, CAstleroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

http://www.daft.ie/sales/3-bed-semi-detached-with-kitchen-extension-evanwood-golf-links-road-castletroy-limerick/1039179/

Why are the houses listed as sold recently, on the property price register so much cheaper

Ya €220k with the extension. The 4 bed with extension is €250k.

Your above prices seem like what they might have sold for a year or two ago. Surprised to see sold for that price recently. Maybe the current estate agent picked them up for those prices and are now flipping them for a profit??

Edit: according to the property price register the price shown may not be the full price that was actually paid but that is properties with an ** beside them. None of the Evanwood ones have that.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya €220k with the extension. The 4 bed with extension is €250k.

Your above prices seem like what they might have sold for a year or two ago. Surprised to see sold for that price recently. Maybe the current estate agent picked them up for those prices and are now flipping them for a profit??

Edit: according to the property price register the price shown may not be the full price that was actually paid but that is properties with an ** beside them. None of the Evanwood ones have that.

Yes for new builds you need to pay 13.5% VAT on top of the prices I pasted above.

Anyone go to the open viewings? What did yee think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Went myself but would have liked to have seen the three bed without extension....

For Example I asked EA where the boiler would be since there would be no utility room...

No answer given

Went myself but would have liked to have seen the three bed without extension....

For Example I asked EA where the boiler would be since there would be no utility room...

No answer given

Are they really charging 217k for a 3 bed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Are they really charging 217k for a 3 bed?

Ah here you're lucky you're even getting to look at it at that price. That used to be the "camp out for several nights and prostrate yourself before them, begging to buy it off the plans" price back in the good ol days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Oh ...
    So it's not available to view, just buying off the plans.
    We're back there already...

Anyone for apartments in Bulgaria? Free Jetski, get em while their hot!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

4 bed with extension and three bed with extension are the two show houses

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

They were the unfinished houses from previous developer. There were 16 in total and all sold on the one day late last year

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    They were the unfinished houses from previous developer. There were 16 in total and all sold on the one day late last year

Cheers Wilbert,
    Be interesting to see how much the new ones end up selling for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

A lot of the new houses are going to be closer to the motorway than the ones there already... I questioned that with the EA and was told that they plan putting sound boards into the back of the houses and triple glazing the windows that are near it. So if you want a bit of peace & quiet, keep the windows closed buddy... give me a break.

I personally wouldn't purchase in there, especially with the risk it migh'nt turn out to be as nice as estates such as Kylemore or Glanntan but could end up like some of the not so nice estates around castletroy. Too much risk for that in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

bazzer86 wrote: »

I personally wouldn't purchase in there, especially with the risk it migh'nt turn out to be as nice as estates such as Kylemore or Glanntan but could end up like some of the not so nice estates around castletroy. Too much risk for that in my opinion.

As a matter of interest which other estates would you consider 'not so nice'.

I'm thinking of moving out that way and would like some intel

As a matter of interest which other estates would you consider 'not so nice'.

I'm thinking of moving out that way and would like some intel

It's all a matter of opinion really isn't it. For me, woodhaven is ok, houses are a bit cold from what I understand. In Caislean na habhain some of the houses are nice and some not so much. I think that bru na grudan and curragh breen aren't great and their property prices are reflective of that. Very student orientated and wouldn't be what would be considered a settled area, as may be the case with Caislean na habhain. I think that Glanntan and Kylemore are the 2 most appealing developments.

I was told that there are in total 150 additional houses being developed in Evanwood, which will be primarily be based in the green field site closer to the motorway. there was 14 houses sold last year in there at an average of say €130k (highest sale price €160k), an additional 10 registered sales in 2015 with the highest price of €175k. So now they are going to sell a total of 150 houses at a base price of €215k? Best of luck with that. I would be slow to fork out €215k for a 3 bed 1000sq ft house. The box room is tiny also, wouldn't even count it as a bedroom. Think there is much better bang for your buck out there, all dependant on your budget of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

It's all a matter of opinion really isn't it. For me, woodhaven is ok, houses are a bit cold from what I understand. In Caislean na habhain some of the houses are nice and some not so much. I think that bru na grudan and curragh breen aren't great and their property prices are reflective of that. Very student orientated and wouldn't be what would be considered a settled area, as may be the case with Caislean na habhain. I think that Glanntan and Kylemore are the 2 most appealing developments.

Thanks for quick response, ya heard poor things about many of the housing areas close to the Groody roundabout.

i seen the prices of all the housing on the supervalu side of castletroy, into monaleen and annacotty rise by 30-40% in the past year, if only we'd been able to make the move a year ago :(

215k for a 3 bed semi is almost back to peak boom prices!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I was told that there are in total 150 additional houses being developed in Evanwood, which will be primarily be based in the green field site closer to the motorway. there was 14 houses sold last year in there at an average of say €130k (highest sale price €160k), an additional 10 registered sales in 2015 with the highest price of €175k. So now they are going to sell a total of 150 houses at a base price of €215k? Best of luck with that. I would be slow to fork out €215k for a 3 bed 1000sq ft house. The box room is tiny also, wouldn't even count it as a bedroom. Think there is much better bang for your buck out there, all dependant on your budget of course.

The prices on the Property Price Register for new builds are all ex Vat so you'll need to add 13.5% to the prices listed for Evanwood

• Advertisement

Thanks for quick response, ya heard poor things about many of the housing areas close to the Groody roundabout.

i seen the prices of all the housing on the supervalu side of castletroy, into monaleen and annacotty rise by 30-40% in the past year, if only we'd been able to make the move a year ago :(

215k for a 3 bed semi is almost back to peak boom prices!!!!

No bother. Yeah they wouldn't be my preferred choice anyway that's for sure.

There's no doubt that prices have increased, take evanwood for example, 150 extra houses and still a signifant increase in prices (taking into consideration VAT on property price register). That to me is peculiar.

It's understandably frustrating, and now isn't the best time to buy. Limerick is a relatively static housing market and I wouldn't buy into this boom mentality for 1 minute. have your mortgage approved, know your budget, identify the exact locations you want to purchase and then sit tight until right one comes about. Dublin is experiencing a plateau in terms of prices with some even coming down in price. I think limerick will be same and this "trend" won't continue, despite what the EA's will tell you. Are you limiting yourself to castetroy/monaleen? I'd would be trying to figure out If what I am buying can hold its value in 5 years time as much as possible, notwithstanding any market fluctuations. 150 additional houses to me would indicate these houses will not hold their value in the medium to long term, but I could be wrong....

Advertisement