Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel today 133.9 / L Unleaded 125.9 / L

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Diesel today 133.9 / L Unleaded 125.9 / L down my way. louth area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

131.9 and 123.9 best i can find in limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I filled up yesterday at Tesco. Diesel was 123.9 and petrol 122.9

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I filled up yesterday 121.9 for unleaded. Nearly had a heart attack! Paid €119.9 for it last week.

Harolds Cross Maxol FTW! Plus its the E5 petrol too!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Filled up yesterday, diesel at 127.8 a litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

€1.34 :eek: for Diesel €1.18 for Petrol (Cork)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tesco Waterford 121 unleaded and 126 diesel.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Tesco Clonmel 118.9 unleaded and 125.9 diesel petrol I'm sure about diesel may have been more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I wonder if the emission rule changes hadn't been made would diesel be cheaper ?
    Is there any other reason why diesel is suddenly more than 5c more than petrol ?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think its mainly down to refining capacity - there isn't enough.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I wonder if the emission rule changes hadn't been made would diesel be cheaper ?
    Is there any other reason why diesel is suddenly more than 5c more than petrol ?:(

I was in the UK a few weeks ago, and diesel was, on average, 10 pence a litre more expensive than petrol.

So let's not get too paranoid yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

132c Diesel & 122c Petrol - Newbridge

Crazy Prices....

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

131.9 and 123.9 best i can find in limerick...

Try the applegreen in corbally. Cheapest in limerick currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

134.9 for Diesel in some Esso near Navan. :mad: Got a fiver to get me to Tesco in Clarehall. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i really do think it will get worse before it gets better.

the economist at goldman sachs that predicted $100 per barrel was laughed at when he made his prediction last year but nobody's laughing now.

the same economist recently said he can see $200 per barrel within 18 months unless something dramatic happens - (ie) major increase in production - but this seems unlikely. production in nigeria is down because of attacks on the pipeline so we might see prices going a whole lot higher here.

fuel is much more expensive in germany as well however, germans on the whole have an excellent public transport system and are nowhere near as car dependent as we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Since China and India are lapping up oil at one hell of a rate and production is down, fuel is going to go a long way up yet I reckon. However, let the fact that the national budget deficit will benefit from your generousity give you comfort :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Statoil, Dublin Road, Cavan

Diesel 1.36.9. Petrol 1.26.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Topaz, Ballymun was 127.9 Petrol, 136.9 Diesel.

Wasn't diesel always more expensive than petrol in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Diesel 1.39.9/litre in Claregalway :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

on the quay`s eyesterday i spotted the petrol & diesel both €179.9:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

on the quay`s eyesterday i spotted the petrol & diesel both €179.9:eek:

Ah that place is infamous, it used to be a Statoil, now it's a One Oil, been at that price for years now, soon it will be the average! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Petrol 125.89c, diesel 136.88c:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Tesco in Finglas - 122.9 for diesel (a couple of days ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Word going round that diesel is to go up + 0.04c today/morning mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Oil touched a new record high of just above $129 yesterday (T Boone Pickens Chairman of BP said he forecasts oil to hit $150 this year - given the rate of increase lately I think we could be there in a couple of months)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Diesel car numbers have grown strongly over the last few years, if I understand correctly. My understanding is also that this is because diesel offered better fuel consumption, coupled with a cheaper cost per litre of that fuel. The VRT and road tax changes recently have added to the advantages.

However, what price level will diesel have to reach against petrol for the advantages to be cancelled out?

Myself, I drive a 1.6 petrol Mitsubishi Carisma, and I'm looking to replace it in about a year with a Mondeo 1.8 TD Zetec. Is this still worth considering or is it slowly beginning to make sense to consider petrol once again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

costing me now over the ton to fill my toyota jeep....yikes. Truckers are f@cked re their costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

€1.39 Diesel
    €1.29 Petrol

throughout most of Galway. Just gonna fill the tank up as often as I can any more coz you never know what new high their gonna have hit by the next time you go to the station! One things for sure, they aint going down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

if your a cash buyer looking to buy a luxury barge.......dealers are petrified the market is collapsing in this area, so if you are just mooching around locally, I'd say you'd pick up a Lexus 430 or equiv for a song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

TheBazman wrote: »
    Oil touched a new record high of just above $129 yesterday
    Now $135.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0522/oil.html

Advertisement