Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would love a Simpson's Forum

• 12-05-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

I'd have loadsa nerdy crap to talk about. I just watched the episode with Frank Grimes,It has to be one of Homer's best episodes.That episode is ten years old but still so fresh and genius

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

. I just watched the episode with Frank Grimes,It has to be one of Homer's best episodes.That episode is ten years old but still so fresh and genius

Its not one of his best episodes, it is by far and away his best episode.

No one likes a self made man like Grimes. The prick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Sherifu wrote: »

You sir,are a king among men.I didn't even realise it exsisted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked the one where he joined the Stonecutters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Frank Grimes ep was the day the Simpsons died. You can trace the decline of the show into to the piece of crap it is today right back to that episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Because it could not get any better than that episode I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nope because the writers saw they could turn Homer into an annoying irresponsible goofball and get cheap laughs for just a fraction of the writing effort required previously. Que the next ten years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Frank Grimes

Or Grimey, as he liked to be called :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I wish I lived above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley!!:D
    not one of my fav. episodes but still quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Pigman II wrote: »
    The Frank Grimes ep was the day the Simpsons died. You can trace the decline of the show into to the piece of crap it is today right back to that episode.

I couldn't be that specific on when they started to decline because I can't think of any episodes from season 9 right now. The first time I noticed them getting bad though was Mr. Burns with a cattle prod on the front of his car knocking people over,I think Richard Branson was in that episode - I just remember thinking, that actually isn't funny. Different humour or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The fake Skinner episode with Martin Sheen was the first serious dip imo. It's still (very) inconsistently entertaining though.

Advertisement