Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of enter-able buildings

• 12-05-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

The shopping in general is abysmal. The only things you can buy are a tiny selection of outfits, and guns. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could buy a car from that auto website, or a new phone from "panoramic". I just think they exaggerated the level of detail in this game, I expected a LOT more. Also, I think they should have some kind of indicator for the buildings that you can enter, so it's easier to get to roofs or whatever.

PS Does anyone know what that garage is for in Bohan? It has it's own icon, but I can't figure out why!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

I was pretty pissed by the fact that while you can take pictures with the phone, you can't actually save them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gava1986

They were 2 of the gayest comments ever. Ur disappointed about the shopping? that u cant buy a new fone or a new car?? 1st off GTA = Grand Theft Auto, which is stealing cars....basicly u want a car u steal it! & if u want a game were u can buy new cloths & shop go out & buy 1 of those barbie games r a mary-kate & ashley games!!! This game is about stealing, killing, drugs & sex. Now if ur gonna be a puff about it dont play it. & as 4 ur man complaining about not saving pictures? u 1 of those clowns thats like a girl bringing his camera out 2 clubs to put pics on bebo? only women do that....." i cant save pics of my game!(whinge whinge)" Jesus christ u 2 r women

Come on! Tell me this, what's not cool about taking a picture of a civilian you've just set on fire? And anyways, it's just a minor complaint, the game is funking brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The shopping in general is abysmal. The only things you can buy are a tiny selection of outfits, and guns. Wouldn't it be awesome if you could buy a car from that auto website, or a new phone from "panoramic". I just think they exaggerated the level of detail in this game, I expected a LOT more. Also, I think they should have some kind of indicator for the buildings that you can enter, so it's easier to get to roofs or whatever.

PS Does anyone know what that garage is for in Bohan? It has it's own icon, but I can't figure out why!
    I just wanted to point out your username and the nature of your complaint.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 less is more

All I'm saying is that they outright lied about the amount of buildings you can enter. The "gta" part of the game is brilliant - no question there. (Although the cover system can be a tad annoying sometimes :p)

One other thing -- are there only two types of helicopters in the entire game???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They always lie about that kind of thing before the game comes out. You'll know for next time, don't believe everything they say about the game.

They did say there'd be a fairly large amount of buildings to enter, which is bullshít. It would be nice to have more buildings to enter, but not essential. Just don't bullshít us about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Whilst the whole shopping thing is a bit luke warm, it was never an integral part of a GTA game, and i'm not really bothered about it.

However, we were told before release that, whilst the map wouldn't be the same size of SA, it would be much bigger in a vertical sense, with alot of buildings being open to explore. I can't help feel that that was an exaggeration. Very few buildings that aren't relevant to the storyline are actually open to enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

There are a lot of buildings that you can enter, you just have to find them. :) Obviously you can't enter all of them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What truly would be the next step (won't happen on the current generation consoles, probably not for years anyway) would be to have a city with every single building open to go in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

What truly would be the next step (won't happen on the current generation consoles, probably not for years anyway) would be to have a city with every single building open to go in to.

That is easily possible with the current generation of consoles and would have been possible in GTA 4. The reason it isn't done is mainly because of the workload involved - to model the interior of every single building in the city, most of which are multi-storey is a ginormous task, even for the large amount of staff at Rockstar's offices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

It would definitely be possible on a blu-ray disc, but maybe we would have to resort to the old GTA loading style when entering a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Gava1986 wrote: »
    They were 2 of the gayest comments ever. Ur disappointed about the shopping? that u cant buy a new fone or a new car?? 1st off GTA = Grand Theft Auto, which is stealing cars....basicly u want a car u steal it! & if u want a game were u can buy new cloths & shop go out & buy 1 of those barbie games r a mary-kate & ashley games!!! This game is about stealing, killing, drugs & sex. Now if ur gonna be a puff about it dont play it. & as 4 ur man complaining about not saving pictures? u 1 of those clowns thats like a girl bringing his camera out 2 clubs to put pics on bebo? only women do that....." i cant save pics of my game!(whinge whinge)" Jesus christ u 2 r women

LMAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It would definitely be possible on a blu-ray disc, but maybe we would have to resort to the old GTA loading style when entering a building.

Oh no doubt it's possible, it would just take a bloody long time for them to make the game! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I heard, that there were skyscrapers you could go into, and climb to the top of.

Which one's are these? I can't find any myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Empire state building - just go in a door at the bottom and you come out at the top, where there is a pigeon for you to kill and binocular thingies to observe the city with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol, post of the day goes to Gava1986. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

ha ha well said +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

vibe666 wrote: »
    lol, post of the day goes to Gava1986. :D

he sounds like hes about ten to be fair....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

This thread is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

handy little tip to find buildings u can enter:

throw a grenade (if u can afford em ;)) on the street and people from the buildings u can enter will run out in a frenzy,u can then run into the door they just left through.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I find it easier to just steal a helicopter and fly up. No way i'm gonna use my legs like a sucker. I'm just dissapointed that theres no way to get a car up there...really wanted to see a car flying off the empire state building.

You actually can get cars up there as long as you mind using the cheats. Just fly up, land, and spawn a Turismo or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

joe123 wrote: »
    he sounds like hes about ten to be fair....

Judging by his username i will assume he is 22 or so :)

And it made me spit water all over my keyboard,

Well said Gav

Joe123, well done joe i sound like im 10 , ur clearly a weak individual like the other 2 giving out bout the shopping & the lack of saving camera phone pics. 123? u proving u can count r somthing?? mayb ur the 10yr old! Ur mammy no u have GTA? hope ur m8s dont rat ya out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Joe123, well done joe i sound like im 10 , ur clearly a weak individual like the other 2 giving out bout the shopping & the lack of saving camera phone pics. 123? u proving u can count r somthing?? mayb ur the 10yr old! Ur mammy no u have GTA? hope ur m8s dont rat ya out

Class:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Perhaps he was indicating your maturity in years.

Type properly, if you are capable of it, and try to come up with a more eloquent way of arguing against somebody than with "They were 2 of the gayest comments ever" or "u 1 of those clowns thats like a girl bringing his camera out 2 clubs to put pics on bebo?"

Really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the only things i'm pissed about not being in the game is:

1: Not being able to climb to the top of the skyscrapers and base jump off them
    2: Not being able to add nitro to your cars
    3: Not being able to change your characters strength/speed by going to the gym
    4: No Planes, I guess it would of been too much to ask for the ability to hijack a 747 at the airport and crash it into a skyscraper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

When you get a policecar, get to the cpu and do the most wanted list vigilante missions. It'll show you a good few enter-able buildings.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    the only things i'm pissed about not being in the game is:

1: Not being able to climb to the top of the skyscrapers and base jump off them
    2: Not being able to add nitro to your cars
    3: Not being able to change your characters strength/speed by going to the gym
    4: No Planes, I guess it would of been too much to ask for the ability to hijack a 747 at the airport and crash it into a skyscraper :(

Some of these r better things to argue about! altho i dont agree with the gym stuff, waste of time in the game personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Who r u? Id say worse stuff but i dont want 2 b reported r thrown of r nething. Rockstar busted their balls for months on end to develop & give us an amazing game & they go & complain about shopping & a camera fone? Y r u even defending them? U must b a fudge packer like them! & as 4 my maturity? Ive never had any1 insult my maturity so u 2 gimps r the 1st 2! so y dont u go bend urself infront of ur da & let him rape u! That a good enough insult 4 u?

That was your 8th post on boards... Where's dudess when she's needed...?

Just curious here, have you ever had anyone insult your command of the English language?

Also, just to really nit-pick, letting somebody do something implies consent, which is something missing from rape... You are a bright one, aren't you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement