Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fig Rolls and MiWadi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Am I reading this right ?
    Does the breakfast I eat before the run to work stop me burning the belly ?
    Does it slow my metab down too ?

thanks
    rob

You have to remember as well that the same commute everyday will not make you lose more weight. Initially you will, but you must continuously change the intencity of your excercice as well as incorporporate new type of exercises, running for ie that will 'shock your body and help you shift the weight. Once your body gets used to the same work out, it burns less energy ...

But you all probably know that already ....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd have to disagree with that, losing weight is a simple matter of calories in vs calories out. Whether it is the same workout or not makes absolutely no difference. It is true though that as you lose weight you will burn less calories doing the same amount of exercise. Also, for most people looking to lose weight addressing diet will get better results than excercise alone.

blorg wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with that, losing weight is a simple matter of calories in vs calories out. Whether it is the same workout or not makes absolutely no difference. It is true though that as you lose weight you will burn less calories doing the same amount of exercise. Also, for most people looking to lose weight addressing diet will get better results than excercise alone.

I am only telling you what my fitness instructor told me when i was stuck on a plateau for 2 months not losing any weight ...

I lost 2 stones when I started cycling a couple of years ago to get to a very acceptable BMI. Initially I lost the first stone in just 2 months, lowering my calorie intake to a max of 1400/day plus adding exercice.

Now if I was to only eat 1400 cals a day I would be in bits after 30 minutes of cycling :) It's hard to reduce your intake when you cycle an average 60k a day 5 or 6 days a week ...

Then again ... I am no expert :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I am only telling you what my fitness instructor told me when i was stuck on a plateau for 2 months not losing any weight ...

I lost 2 stones when I started cycling a couple of years ago to get to a very acceptable BMI. Initially I lost the first stone in just 2 months, lowering my calorie intake to a max of 1400/day plus adding exercice.

Now if I was to only eat 1400 cals a day I would be in bits after 30 minutes of cycling :) It's hard to reduce your intake when you cycle an average 60k a day 5 or 6 days a week ...

Then again ... I am no expert :pac:

Caroline ie get back to work!

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Caroline ie get back to work!

... Cr*p ... the boss found me ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Thanks guys,

My worry is if I skipped my porridge in the morning before the commute I would probably eat some rubbish in the canner once I got in - the ned-kelly wont go far with that going on !

I do longer rides at the weekend so I am totaling about 170kms per week now, and it does seem to be helping

Thanks again
    Rob

Advertisement