Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogers Burn, Letterkenny

• 12-05-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just wondering if any of you out there know if you can still get up to Rodgers Burn In Letterkenny, it was the site of the Mass Rock, Just so much development happened up there in the past few years I was wondering if you can still get to it or even if it is still there. From what i recall you used to get to it by walking up College Farm Road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

Yeah its still there and intact as far I know. People living up that road or a local priest might be of help to you.
    Alternatively, you could call in to Blake's pub on Main Street... its a good locals pub!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Hmm, last time I was there was about ten years ago. You used to be able to get up to it by walking through the fields behind scoil colmcille. Not sure if you can now tho! Alternatively you can walk up the entire burn from down by o'donnell park, tho thats a little long and awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Rogers Burn and the Mass rock. Now there's a blast from the past...!!! Many a summer was spent roaming the fields and swimming in the Burn as kid.

Quickest way to access it nowadays is via Glenoughty Close...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

I live in the newish development beside it...:) yeah you can still get to the mass rock. They built a bridge a few years back over the burn but it was taken away. The path into it is really overgrown but you can still get through. I used to play in rogers burn as a kid all the time! Brilliant fun!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 medoffice

I used to swim in the burn 60 years ago! You can get to it from the end of Glenoughty Close and I went back there a few weeks ago. You can cross the burn on stepping stones and we have cleared a path to the Mass Rock. It's worth a visit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 lorraine 2

Just wondering if anyone has the words to the poem associated with Rodgers Burn/Mass rock. I believe it starts 'As I sit here by the fire with a tear in my eye' . Sorry thats all I know and would greatly appreciate if anyone can help.

Advertisement