Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi pista question

Options
  • 12-05-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Sorry to be asking yet another question on fixed gear but can anyone help me on determining the cog width on these, I've googled it but no definitive answer. There are no markings on the standard cog at all?

Took it to couple of bike shops over the weekend and went round to the workshop in one of them and he took a look and said he'd order one for me, I thought bingo but the conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Hello, I'm looking to get a new cog for this bike, would you have one in stock and can you tell what width it is?
    Workshop: Yes I will order it for you (walks off)
    Me: Eh sorry you don't know how many teeth I need
    Workshop: How many teeth?
    Me: 18 please, you know what width it is then?
    Workshop: Nope
    Me: How will you know which width to order?
    Workshop: Shrugs shoulders
    Me: I'll leave it so!!!!!!!

Anyone know of any fixed gear friendly shops...anywhere in Dublin at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Cycleogical would be my first place to call when looking for fixed gear bits and pieces.

Checked the Bianchi site. Pista comes with a KMC Z610H chain which is 3/32" so your rear cog will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

Good man, thanks Morgan, much appreciated!

Advertisement