Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Streets

• 12-05-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Rite this is the one and only complaint i have about this GTA when i land a chopper on a high roof (especialy in MP) and i look down on the street often il find its completly empty,the same when i have a 5 star rating i fly around and all i can see is 3 / 4 police cars in the whole damn city ! I wonder if its the Cache on my 360? Anyone else have this issue somethimes. Its rare enough but it does take a away from it a little.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

No its the same in the ps3. I thought this was something the next gen consoles would resolve.

I was very surprised when I was atop a building and took out a sniper rifle, only to see Christmas tree lights moving slowly and no cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yeah ! i was doing this yesterday got 5 wanted stars stole a chopper thought il land up here and snipe the basterds but everything was gone apart from a few cop cars .. i couldnt even blow them up with my rocket launcher i fired down below i see the rocket go kablamo but the cars were still there with out a scratch on them.
    Im really starting to get pissed off with this game..:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe it's a good thing that they won't be releasing the pc version for a long time, you lot can be our beta testers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Bit much to expect all the streets to be populated, think of how much you can see from a rooftop and how many cars/pedastrians you would need to fill those streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Bit much to expect all the streets to be populated, think of how much you can see from a rooftop and how many cars/pedastrians you would need to fill those streets.

True, but these were the things the next gen consoles were hyped to be capable of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Just the street below me would do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Believe it or not, I havent found that an issue. Distant streets, yes, but that is resource management. But I managed to snipe my way to 5* wanted from an Algonquin skyscraper. I then proceeded to jump off with the last bit of health. Disappointingly they killed me mid air, as I did not want to give them the satisfaction of killing me...I would rather I died by my own hand:D

I don't know why your only talking about rooftops, sure you don't need cars then.

I was a bit pissed off to see this STILL in the game.

You'd have a high wanted level and ALL the pedestrian cars suddenly disappear from the streets, was the same in the older ones, was the hardest thing about getting away in that you'd have no option but to take a police car. Would it be that hard to keep some realism in the number of cars on the streets?. Even without a wanted level at times there can be a drought of cars leaving you to walk a bit.

Online is really bad for finding cars!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You'd have a high wanted level and ALL the pedestrian cars suddenly disappear from the streets, was the same in the older ones, was the hardest thing about getting away in that you'd have no option but to take a police car. Would it be that hard to keep some realism in the number of cars on the streets?. Even without a wanted level at times there can be a drought of cars leaving you to walk a bit.
    Theres alot of mayhem and police vehicles spawned as you start to get higher wanted levels so I'd assume they're removed to maintain the framerate. Although saying that I was on five stars yesterday going around star junction and I met a large traffic jam that I and about 3 hummers ploughed into.
    Online is really bad for finding cars!!
    Thats a server setting, get who ever is in control of the game to set the traffic to high.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Once you reach a high wanted level then the police enforce a city wide curfew on the civilians to clear the streets for their own safety whilst they attempt to catch you.

It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Simple solution. Be a man and get down on the streets!
    I'd say it's either you're too high up, or it's a game feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

maybe it's a good thing that they won't be releasing the pc version for a long time, you lot can be our beta testers.

Indeed!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Simple solution. Be a man and get down on the streets!
    I'd say it's either you're too high up, or it's a game feature.

AHHHH il live with it :) In fairness the game has given me about 16hrs of great gamming time so far so im not about to stop cus of this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

robinph wrote: »
    Once you reach a high wanted level then the police enforce a city wide curfew on the civilians to clear the streets for their own safety whilst they attempt to catch you.

Yep...at 3* there are roadblocks, also not conducive to traffic on roads, and when the wanted level gets even higher, less civilians are on the streets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

robinph wrote: »

Agreed, think about it logically, if there was a maniac going around a city on a huge killing spree mowing down anyone they see, do you really think everyone will just carry on their usual business, or do you think the Police will cordon off a large area to make sure no-one else gets killed??

Feature IMO

Ste05 wrote: »
    Agreed, think about it logically, if there was a maniac going around a city on a huge killing spree mowing down anyone they see, do you really think everyone will just carry on their usual business, or do you think the Police will cordon off a large area to make sure no-one else gets killed??

Feature IMO

How are you trying to find logic in GTA, in that case what's your reasoning behind Soda replenishing health?:rolleyes:, do ye really think this is what Rockstar would say also?.

Where do all there cars go then when there parked up and in hiding as none are arounds the streets?, also i've yet ot meet the cops at a ''cordened off'' area as i progressed through the city

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you musn't have been playing the game long then, as anytime I go above 3 wanted stars I come across frequent roadblocks with nice little police hummers to block your path :)

miju wrote: »
    you musn't have been playing the game long then, as anytime I go above 3 wanted stars I come across frequent roadblocks with nice little police hummers to block your path :)

Well i remember road blocks in all the other ones, but that still does'nt support the logic that was offered, so outside the road blocks more cars will be around?..... no cause it's a bug that's been in all the GTA's, when you gain a couple of stars only police are around the place, there must be too much effort to get the game to run normal and have all the police activity at the same time, so your left with police everywhere and only a 1/10 of normal pedestrian activity!.

Someone mentioned a frame-rate issue this is more understandable then trying to say that Rockstar made it that the police cordone off area's to protect people, well what about the few cars that are in that area?, there's a significant drop in activity when the wanted level rises above 2 stars

Advertisement