Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished Carpentary what now?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My brother finishes his carpentery apprenticeship in a couple of weeks. I know he alwasy wanted to do architecture but with the points requirement he didn't get it. It seems there is no way of studying part-time for this from an under graduate point of view, so where to now?
    He always loved drawing and is a good carpenter. Any suggestions for how to build on this, whilst still being able to work and bring in some dosh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

Maybe he should start a CAD course, or an evening course in Interior Design (maybe a bit girly, but cool if he is single) or Interior Architecture. I think Interior Architecture is pretty much the same thing but colleges are trying to put a manly slant on it.
    I think there are great oppertunities for him (stair design, timber frame design, roof designer, interior design) mind you anything to do with new houses isnt good news at the moment. But in Interior Design you can charge whatever some rich idiot is willing to pay to get the kitchen re designed.
    By the way im a CAD trainer.
    Garry

Advertisement