Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on proposed Metro

Options
  • 12-05-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

Hello,I'm researching a Thesis on wayfinding and directional signage and want to use the proposed Metro as a case-study.

I have looked at the transport21 site,which is informative but is a little bit "sales-pitchy". I was hoping that I could get in contact with someone that could give me some more indepth info on the Metro,their aims and objectives, the problems cited for the need of the Metro. During the summer months I hope to be conducting interviews with suitable candidates that will give me a better knowledge of the Metro plans.

If anyone has any contacts within this area i would be really grateful to hear from you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ofjames

seeing as the RPA are responsible for building it, that would probably be the best place to start your search for interviewees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Dublin City Council and Fingal County Council are very bought into the Metro. I would guess that they will end up doing signage for it. Perhaps these are good ports of call too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dowlingm

paddy - I'm a bit confused as to how the rationale for the metro has anything to do with wayfinding within it? I would argue that in fact metro, far from having a unique signage, should have a new unified and tested signage with the rest of Dublin public transportation so that someone coming off the LUAS or DART has a seamless wayfinding experience. Unfortunately the DTA is likely to drop that ball, assuming it even gets near it.

Transit signage is a vexed issue here in Toronto, with different (and mostly untested) signage types and fonts through the system and an abundance of handwritten or otherwise unsuitable notices. Have a look here if you're interested:
    http://joeclark.org/design/signage/TTC/

Advertisement