Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Hostel Phnom Penh Cambodia?

• 12-05-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im Cambodia at the moment in Seim Reap does anyone one know of a good hostel in Phnom Penh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Miley

We stayed in the Lakeside 2. Basic enough place but the guys running it are bang on. Theyll organise anything you want;)
    I wouldnt plan to hang around Pnom Penh too long. 2 days was plenty for us

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Serge

I stayed in Okay guest house, 258 Street, near Cambodiana Hotel. Lovely place. Have a look:

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/cambodia/phnom_penh_and_surrounds/phnom_penh/phnom_penh/all/2423

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Theres a load of guesthouses by the lake, all named after a number. I stayed in Lakeside No.10, usual basic accomodation but an excellent communal area with bamboo furniture and hammocks to swing in whilst watching the sunset over the lake. The food was pretty alright too and it had free pool ( though insects kept landing on the table and putting me off my shots ! ) and there was a big screen showing movies all day and night. I think all the lakeside guesthouses are 'Same, Same' in what they offer, have a walk around and see which one you like the most.

Of course staying lakeside means a long walk downtown or getting a moto taxi for about $.50-$1, depending on your haggling skills. Get a good price off one of them and then use the same guy all the time for getting downtown.

There are other places to stay in the city but I reckon Lakeside its the best area, its nice and relaxing to chill out by a lake after spending a day looking at prisons and skulls:-)

Advertisement