Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick tip:Getting detail into skies with the Blue Luminosity Slider

• 12-05-2008 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    just a quick tip for getting a bit of detail back in to skies that have washed out, but not become fully blown.
    I know it's no substitute for using a ND Grad, but this one may get you out of a hole sometime. Also quite a good example of why it pays to shoot RAW too.

During conversion from RAW go to the HSL section of LR or ACR and select Luminosity. Decrease the the blue amount by anything from 40-70%. This will bring out the detail in the sky, but also make the sky dramatically over saturated. Just reduce some of the blue saturation and you should have the best of both worlds.

Before:

westtrip7686rk3.jpg

After: with Blue Luminosity adjustment and crop applied. I admit I overcooked it a little, but it's a handy trick to know.

westtrip7686editqn3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cheers Ronny!

Looks like the introduces less noise than my old method of using the blue channel in PS

Advertisement