Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Stocking Wood

Options
  • 12-05-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just up at stocking wood recently looking at the houses. They seem like decent houses for what we're after, but the only problem is the location. The commute into town seems like it would be a long one. Anyone here know how long it takes or how god/bad it is?

Cheers,
    John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Can you let us where about this is? Which town or city? Galway/Dublin/ Cork?

Sorry, if it’s obvious but most posters wouldn’t know where this estate is. At least I don’t anyway.
    Welcome to boards, now help us to help you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

My bad.....sorry about that.

Stocking Wood is in Rathfarnham in Dublin. Its the very back end of Rathfarnham though. We're trying to decide whether or not to buy there but the commute is the only sticking point. My OH will be going to Sandyford for the time being so can drive. The thins is its highly likely she'll be moved to Balsbridge at some point so will have to use public transport.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

No no no

Awful location - it's not really rathfarnham at all

I've had the misfortune I've driving around there at rush hour and it's bedlam - with more properties being built all the time

Also id say the prices will drop signicificantly over the next 2 years

But no I think the location is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Thanks. Stocking Lane is actually Rathfarnham, just the very back-end of it. I figured the commute would be hell alright. Ah well.....better keep looking so.

Thanks again....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Prices are and will continue to drop in this particular estate, in my opinion.
    The traffic can be pretty bad especially if getting onto/off the m50 at the firhouse exit- which brings me to my next point, stocking wood has to be firhouse not rathfarnam. Looks like dean homes trying to make more money off an address!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement