Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOC Preorder + early access

Options
  • 12-05-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

so i've been playing WoW for nearly 4-5 years now, first as a hunter and then as a warrior (tank), and finally as a pal-lol-adin(healer).

it had gotten to the stage where i just couldnt log in anymore, and when i did, i just arsed around shatt or orgrimmar watching the dirge spam in trade.

Sooo GTA4 was released, i decided to take some time off to play that, got bored of GTA after about a week, selling xbox and gta lol

Also decided to completely quit WoW, havent logged in for over 2 weeks now, gamecard expired etc..

Some of my mates from WoW who are in the same kind of bored senseless frame of mind as me with WoW are getting AOC when its released, so yeah i agreed to pick it up as its a whole fresh new world to explore and new people to main and kill etc.. looks awesome, the fraps footage and reviews seem really good, lots of blood and gore, not so cartoon-y as WoW.

Anyway.. i was told if i preordered AOC before the 10th of may that i'd recieve a mail from GAME or funcom that would give me an option of early access, same thing was on teh game.co.uk site and the AOC site.. so off i went to my local game store..bought a game and preordered AOC, the guy in the shop said specificly you get a mammoth mount and some other crappy stuff with the preorder - yadda yadda - nothing about my mail addy, so i asked him about it, he knew nothing about the deal and i ended up explaining it to him, so he took my mail addy and said he'll sort it out.

Thing is.. i havent recieved the mail i was supposed to recieve.. was this an online preorder offer or was it for walk-in customers too?

the offer on the game site has been removed, probably because its out of date, but i'm fairly certain it didnt have any discrimination between online preorders and walk-ins.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

When did this happen? It's the 12th now. Also, it's only 3 days early access, so there's nothing major that you're going to miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i preordered it on the 9th, friday gone.

the actual release date is the 23rd here, originally it was the 20th, but its been bumped 3 days forward for some reason. so the early access is 6 days.. unless thats changed too. afaik the early access is from the 17th onwards

Well, you could ring up the shop where you ordered it, but to be honest, I'd say it's a lost cause. Just be happy with your free Mammoth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think the preorder thing is only if you order online from Game and a couple of other sites. Doesn't work if you get it in a shop.

This is afaik but I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It was understanding early access was online purchases only. That being said. game.co.uk have only sent out a few keys, still loads of people complaining. Play.com refuse to hand out keys till the 15th. Seems like a bit of a joke tbh(still waiting on my key from game).

• Advertisement

hmm, funcom, game and everyone else in this promo could have been more specific for idiots like me. was looking forward to the early access too :( oh well. Thanks for the info guys, and yes, at least i have a big hairy elephant to straddle when i finally get AOC :D

I think the preorder thing is only if you order online from Game and a couple of other sites. Doesn't work if you get it in a shop.

This is afaik but I'm not 100% sure.
    I thought that the Rhino is only available through online purchase (from Play), and that the other freebies (Mammoth and 3 days early access) was for all pre-orders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I pre ordered with gamestop.
    Ill just drive to gamestop on day of release and pick it up,come home install and play :)

Im like the OP in that i find i log into wow and sit in one of the cities LFG to a heroic or something as that all i have time for.
    Im holy priest and even still struggle to find a group in say 30 mins,i just have dont time to hang around longer.
    This to me is what ruins wow for me.
    I have 5 lvl 70s so levelling an alt is a big nono.

Recently i got back into lotro but now find that like before it just doesnt do it for me.
    Im just hoping AOC will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The crappy thing about the early access is that you're actually charged for it.
    Its an extra fiver to 'cover' the download and access.

yeah but.. i want my liga!

funcom seems to have gone about this all arse about face to me, dunno why they dont just release it properly without extra fees and early access.
    damn it i'm so annoyed at GAME and myself for not ordering online lol

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I pre ordered with gamestop.
    Ill just drive to gamestop on day of release and pick it up,come home install and start downloading patches :)

Fixed that for you ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Indeed humanji there is that too i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The crappy thing about the early access is that you're actually charged for it.
    Its an extra fiver to 'cover' the download and access.
    You do get 10 days with it too though and if the monthly fee is 15 yoyos, that means its essentially free.

Advertisement