Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

county clare murder

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I can't comment on this as my brother in law lives in that estate where it happened, but, initially I was disappointed that they called it Limerick when it's actually Clare, seems like the media rounding things up to make Limerick sound worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Err.. not another one. That's the 2nd teenage stabbing in the past 12 months. Not cool. Got jumped by 3 knackers on the Kilrush road last September outside Cahercalla Estate. I've always been careful to steer away from certain parts of town early in the morning but when your getting attacked nearly a mile out of town then it's a bad state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i think these days u always gotta have your guard up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Clareman wrote: »
    I can't comment on this as my brother in law lives in that estate where it happened, but, initially I was disappointed that they called it Limerick when it's actually Clare, seems like the media rounding things up to make Limerick sound worse

I live in the estate.

Its sad when kids need to use weapons to prove their masculinity instead of even a good old fashioned fist fight.

Been very quiet in here since, TG!

Sick to death of kids drinking outside my home, doing drugs down the end of the estate, now graffiti for condolences on the pavement and entrance signs.

It was and hopefully will again be a lovely quiet estate where the younger kids feel safe to play.

mk-posie wrote: »
    I live in the estate.
    It was and hopefully will again be a lovely quiet estate where the younger kids feel safe to play.

ya but u cant just wait for this to happen.. i had the same problem at my mothers house.. teens outside messing about.. soon as my mother said it to me i got into my car went and found the group of teens.. i pulled up in between about 10-12 of then called one of them over and gave him a little warning.. since then i have had no hassle.. i used to be one of those teens.. only way to resolve things like this is fighting fire with fire.. stand up for yourself and your community.. nobody else is going to do it for you.. i know its easier said than done when these people are willing to turn to murder to get their point across but u cant just lie down and take it..

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    ya but u cant just wait for this to happen.. i had the same problem at my mothers house.. teens outside messing about.. soon as my mother said it to me i got into my car went and found the group of teens.. i pulled up in between about 10-12 of then called one of them over and gave him a little warning.. since then i have had no hassle.. i used to be one of those teens.. only way to resolve things like this is fighting fire with fire.. stand up for yourself and your community.. nobody else is going to do it for you.. i know its easier said than done when these people are willing to turn to murder to get their point across but u cant just lie down and take it..

nope I just call the guards, cause they are not worth losing my life over!

They have no morals and if you were once one of these teens you know what I mean.

Councilor/Guards.
    Dont get involved yourself, you just get hounded by the kids cause they will rise up to the challenge and taunting someone just gives them something to do to pass the time.

well obviously calling the guards is not working.. i dont think any of the teens i know want to rise up to my challenge..

They wouldnt take a blind bit of notice of me. so its my only option.

And like I said I am not risking my life like that poor young fella who apparantly only stepped in to break up the fight.

mk-posie wrote: »
    And like I said I am not risking my life like that poor young fella who apparantly only stepped in to break up the fight.

i cant blame ya for that.. a closed mouth catches no flies.. but i will always stand up for myself.. no matter what the cost.

Advertisement