Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new metallica Song snippet

• 12-05-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

prepare to lose your freakin minds ... :-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZf7ltqaN8&feature=related

I think the guys have made so much money they went back 20 years in a time machine, stole metallica back then - brought them forward operated on them with cosmetic surgery to make em look like they do now & then told em 'Go be us now except play like you then' .....

Either that or James found the Jack Daniels bottle ......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has exceeded what I expected seriously!!!!!!!!

:::: ven0mous ::::

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

and keep in mind that that is to the best of my knowledge rehearsal/demo audio and not mixed/mastered,sounds super promising. the websitehttp://www.missionmetallica.com/ goes live some time this evening,saw a page from the beta testing of it last night and it's an innovative way of marketing music in todays record industry.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I...bloddy...LOVE..this.

Really does sound amazing. If the album follows form, lets see people try put it down. Has quite a bit to live up to already now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ho
    Lee
    Fvck

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its 30 seconds, relax lads, could still suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    its 30 seconds, relax lads, could still suck.

Exactly. Remember the pre listening events for Saint Atrocious which were held for memebers of the press and fans? Certain persons were all worked up and banging on that it was harking back to Justice and even Puppets. Best waiting for the final release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

meh. sounds a bit like fuel. dont wet yerselves over this, boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Only way I am gonna buy this album is if they bring back the Newsteader.

There's a few things that give me hope for the new album from this clip:
    Good guitar solo
    A real snare
    Hetfield sounding good
    Guitars tuned back up towards standard (as far as I can tell)

Sounds a lot like the stuff they did in the Presidio sessions from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S56vBcIyxBs

Seems like a little more (a few seconds - so like 100% more!) seconds of new album material.

How can you hear anything in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Im likin it so far....:D

Hetfield's voice is on form again :cool:
    Riffs sound Fn sweet too.
    I just hope the schit stays this good!!

feylya wrote: »
    Guitars tuned back up towards standard (as far as I can tell)

yep,back in E,not sure if they can play live like that though,hetfields voice would take a hammering trying to get up to some of the high notes,i think they've been tuned to Eb live for the last few years.

Feelgood wrote: »
    Only way I am gonna buy this album is if they bring back the Newsteader.

he only has one writing credit to the best of my knowledge,i think trujillo adds a whole new dimension to them that they've lacked for a long time,probably since cliff died.

lord lucan wrote: »
    he only has one writing credit to the best of my knowledge

Three, from what i remember. Blackened, My friend of misery and Where the wild things are.

Three, from what i remember. Blackened, My friend of misery and Where the wild things are.

i think you're right now that i think of it,unfortunately you can't hear his contribution to blackened:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Don't like it at all tbh.

lord lucan wrote: »
    i think you're right now that i think of it,unfortunately you can't hear his contribution to blackened:p

but you can on one!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55917907#post55917907

http://www.vidilife.com/video_play_1173152_metallica.htm

Theres that second video where ya can hear it. As forthe line "suicide...I'm already died", thats just poor! Other clips arent as good as the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

meh. sounds a bit like fuel. dont wet yerselves over this, boys.

Thought the same myself. Puppets it aint. I wouldnt go creaming my pantaloons either, chances are youll get this one track and 9 others of WOOOAH SAIIINT ANGERRRR ROUND MY NEEECK-esque drivel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

0ubliette wrote: »
    Thought the same myself. Puppets it aint. I wouldnt go creaming my pantaloons either, chances are youll get this one track and 9 others of WOOOAH SAIIINT ANGERRRR ROUND MY NEEECK-esque drivel

Anyone expecting Master Of Puppets Mark II is a ****ing IDIOT!!!!! It's not going to be anything like it!!!!!???

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

ven0m wrote: »
    prepare to lose your freakin minds ... :-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZf7ltqaN8&feature=related

I think the guys have made so much money they went back 20 years in a time machine, stole metallica back then - brought them forward operated on them with cosmetic surgery to make em look like they do now & then told em 'Go be us now except play like you then' .....

Either that or James found the Jack Daniels bottle ......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has exceeded what I expected seriously!!!!!!!!

:::: ven0mous ::::

Not so sure.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Mushy wrote: »
    As forthe line "suicide...I'm already died", thats just poor!

Because "chop your breakfast on a mirror" was just a stroke of genius!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yes, it was.

good call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Numina wrote: »
    Because "chop your breakfast on a mirror" was just a stroke of genius!

yes because lyrics like:

Hidden in Your World You've Made for Me
    I'm Seething
    I'm Bleeding
    Ripping Wounds in Me That Never Heal

are soooo genius ....

The fact is, had that documentary 'Some Kind Of Monster' not come out, you'd never have known about how bad the writing process had become, or the full extent of the control freaks that Lars & James had actually become.

MoP is a very themed album, from the artwork through to track names, song ideas etc.

Metallica are now in their mid 40's, you can't expect them to still write material like they are 19-20 year olds fitting into a scene.

They are the biggest & most successful rock band of all time. The whole thing of 'metal genres' is over & done with, it was a fad - it's all Rock music. Metallica are older, wiser & very different people to who they were. Alcoholica is dead.

Anyone expecting Kill Em All, MoP etc is always going to be disappointed. As an artist, you write for yourself first & foremost & if fans dig it, good - if they dont't, there'll be new fans who will.

But anyone who can say that from those snippets it's not an improvement on St Anger has fanboy issues.

All I stated was that I was seriously impressed & it is a return to the kind of music I am used to hearing from them & grew up with; fi.e. ast, aggressive music, spazzed out solos & James performing like he should do vocally - cos St Anger is cringeworthy when James sings. The riffs are cringeworthy & seeing how they crafted the songs with Bob Rock was cringeworthy.

Metallica were a small band until 'Metallica' (aka the Black Album) was released. That really catapulted them & I remember back then so many people were crying about how they 'sold out'. And then those new fans cried & whinged when Load/Reload came out, & the new fans they garnered from those two albums cried along with everyone else when St Anger came out.

Bottom line is Metallica returning to the music they love, in the way they truly love playing is good for Rock music, & no matter what they release - they will always have a state of relevancy, due to the countless bands they inspired, kids that were inspired to pick up a guitar & learn to play it. There are few bands from when they started that are still around that have shifted the number of CD's they have, sold out the number of shows they have & still sell out.

Megadeth, despite the fact their new stuff is really good have gone further backwards. Slayer are a band for a group of small number of fans.

Metallica are up there with Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin etc - they are in that elite few in Rock music. It's arguable, they are up there with the Beatles.

Anyone who was at Wembley last year for the show could plainly see how much more confortable the guys are with the Material from around the MoP era than anything else they released afterwards; fast, aggressive, spazzed solos & snarling vocals. The one factor which is missing is cliff & his love of classical music, which heavily inlfluenced the instrumentalising & musical nuances RTL & MoP comprised. That's gone.

Metallica are not like Kiss, who will; never release any new material & will tour on the back of their catalog forever. They've given up trying in admittance of being devoid of ideas & the fact their fans would never accept new material.

Maybe metallica might reach that stage - who knows. But as long as there is some air of creativity, they'll turn out albums whether the hardcore fans like em or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

ven0m wrote: »
    yes because lyrics like:

Hidden in Your World You've Made for Me
    I'm Seething
    I'm Bleeding
    Ripping Wounds in Me That Never Heal

are soooo genius ....

The fact is, had that documentary 'Some Kind Of Monster' not come out, you'd never have known about how bad the writing process had become, or the full extent of the control freaks that Lars & James had actually become.

MoP is a very themed album, from the artwork through to track names, song ideas etc.

Metallica are now in their mid 40's, you can't expect them to still write material like they are 19-20 year olds fitting into a scene.

They are the biggest & most successful rock band of all time. The whole thing of 'metal genres' is over & done with, it was a fad - it's all Rock music. Metallica are older, wiser & very different people to who they were. Alcoholica is dead.

Anyone expecting Kill Em All, MoP etc is always going to be disappointed. As an artist, you write for yourself first & foremost & if fans dig it, good - if they dont't, there'll be new fans who will.

But anyone who can say that from those snippets it's not an improvement on St Anger has fanboy issues.

All I stated was that I was seriously impressed & it is a return to the kind of music I am used to hearing from them & grew up with; fi.e. ast, aggressive music, spazzed out solos & James performing like he should do vocally - cos St Anger is cringeworthy when James sings. The riffs are cringeworthy & seeing how they crafted the songs with Bob Rock was cringeworthy.

Metallica were a small band until 'Metallica' (aka the Black Album) was released. That really catapulted them & I remember back then so many people were crying about how they 'sold out'. And then those new fans cried & whinged when Load/Reload came out, & the new fans they garnered from those two albums cried along with everyone else when St Anger came out.

Bottom line is Metallica returning to the music they love, in the way they truly love playing is good for Rock music, & no matter what they release - they will always have a state of relevancy, due to the countless bands they inspired, kids that were inspired to pick up a guitar & learn to play it. There are few bands from when they started that are still around that have shifted the number of CD's they have, sold out the number of shows they have & still sell out.

Megadeth, despite the fact their new stuff is really good have gone further backwards. Slayer are a band for a group of small number of fans.

Metallica are up there with Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin etc - they are in that elite few in Rock music. It's arguable, they are up there with the Beatles.

Anyone who was at Wembley last year for the show could plainly see how much more confortable the guys are with the Material from around the MoP era than anything else they released afterwards; fast, aggressive, spazzed solos & snarling vocals. The one factor which is missing is cliff & his love of classical music, which heavily inlfluenced the instrumentalising & musical nuances RTL & MoP comprised. That's gone.

Metallica are not like Kiss, who will; never release any new material & will tour on the back of their catalog forever. They've given up trying in admittance of being devoid of ideas & the fact their fans would never accept new material.

Maybe metallica might reach that stage - who knows. But as long as there is some air of creativity, they'll turn out albums whether the hardcore fans like em or not.

Excellent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Excellent post.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Well said ven0m....:cool:

top post venom;)

there'll always be people who love them and people who hate them. for some reason the people who hate them are intent on making the loudest noise:confused:

whatever they do they can't win. bing out an album that even hints at their past(RTL/KEA/MOP) and they've run out of ideas and are just re-hashing old stuff. if they go in a new direction they've lost the plot and just can't cut it anymore:rolleyes:

i'm a massive metallica fan,been in metclub for years and love most of their stuff and their live shows wipe the floor with most acts out there. i'm not a fanboy either who won't admit if they get it wrong(st. anger!) but at the end of the day even they don't care what we think,they make new tunes for themselves and if it's well recieved then thats great and if it bombs then so what,it's what we wanted to do so **** it!

• Advertisement

People, they played Fight Fire With Fire the other night:eek:. Roll on this day two weeks now, hopefully get to hear some new stuff too.

Advertisement