Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

new metallica Song snippet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I wish they'd dump that Ulrich. He's a poser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

djScarey wrote: »
    I wish they'd dump that Ulrich. He's a poser.

They can't do that as Metallica is HIS band.

Can they not get him to fall on sharpened drumsticks for the laugh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

believe it or not but lars is actually the man who puts the tunes together,apparently he has has the right ear for how a song should be constructed. granted he talks out of his arse quite a bit though:D

Mushy wrote: »
    People, they played Fight Fire With Fire the other night:eek:. Roll on this day two weeks now, hopefully get to hear some new stuff too.

might get lucky and they play something new tonight in tuscon,arizona. doubt it will happen as it's a short set but you never know:cool:

**edit** just read an interview with lars and he said no new material will be debuted until europe so poland on the 28th it is then.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    believe it or not but lars is actually the man who puts the tunes together,apparently he has has the right ear for how a song should be constructed. granted he talks out of his arse quite a bit though:D
    Ah! So that's where he's been constructing songs for the last 10 years!!! I hope he emerged from hairybrownforest before constructing the new album.

maybe getting his rock and roll off connie nielsen will sort him out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lord lucan wrote: »
    might get lucky and they play something new tonight in tuscon,arizona. doubt it will happen as it's a short set but you never know:cool:

**edit** just read an interview with lars and he said no new material will be debuted until europe so poland on the 28th it is then.

So pretty much guaranteed a new song in Holland for me then:cool:. I'd prefer FFWF myself, mental song. Either way, I'll have the lowdown on the possible new song, if played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

very load/reload imo. Just better!

I like that, tho hopefully they dont make the drums sound ****e like they were on st. anger lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

**** its rubbish
    because,

-Too slow.
    -the sound isnt big enough.
    :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

too slow? are you ****ing kidding me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

kona wrote: »
    **** its rubbish
    because,

-Too slow.
    -the sound isnt big enough.
    :o

youre not listening to Cradle of filth here mate.

it seems metallica are trying to get back to what they do best. hopefully it wont disappoint.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

New stuff up on missionmetallica. Sounds like their recycling one of their "new songs" from a couple of years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

feylya wrote: »
    New stuff up on missionmetallica. Sounds like their recycling one of their "new songs" from a couple of years back

Only thing that I can gather from that is that they in the studio, which we already knew. Small bit of Kirk jamming, main focus on Rob, nothing really bout a possible song IMO.

There's one tune where Hammett is using a **** load of wah. Sounds exactly like one of the other tunes.

that song sounds like "the new song" that they played in 2006. judging by the video and the fact that it's in metallicas HQ and not recording studio it probably dates to early 2006. they've since said that the song in it's entirety wouldn't make it unto the new album but parts of the tune would. same goes for "the other new song" or "vulturus".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sounds like it'll be pretty sweet. I have missed them...

I may fork out to see them live for a 4th time. Whether or not I pay for the album is another story, just to piss off Lars :cool:

Metallica HQ is their recording studio...

feylya wrote: »
    Metallica HQ is their recording studio...

not on this one,rubin wanted them to get out of the comfort of their own place and record somewhere else so they ended up in a recording studio in L.A.:cool:

Advertisement