Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta brake lights

Options
  • 12-05-2008 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Quick one this time guys, g/f drives a 98 fiesta. Was driving behind her at the weekend and her brake lights are flashing on and off without the brake being touched? I assume this is a loose connection or something?

When stopped and the brake is pressed brake lights come on, when brake is released lights go off, however when clutch is deployed the brake lights come on and flash a bit, would this be an easy fix and can anyone recommend someone to have a look at it around the Santry/Clarehall area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

The brake lights are activated by a switch mounted near the top of the brake pedal. It may need to be adjusted slightly. Should be an easy fix. If the switch is faulty it is easy to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Weaselator

Cheers Pete, I'll have a look at this when I get home, would this be something I'd be able to adjust myself??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fiesta lights are known to leak water into the contacts. this can cause bad earthing.it's likely that the indicators and the brake lights are messed up as a result.

Yeh that happened me before in a megane but doesn't seem to be the case here. The indicators work fine and have no impact on the break lights when they're on or off?? I'll try looking at the switch when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Didn't spot the bit about the clutch! sounds like a loose switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The switch on the pedal can be twisted 90 degrees and moved up or down for proper adjustment. This is 100% what your problem is.

Thanks for the help lads. I adjusted the switch and it all seems fine now. Cheers.

Advertisement