Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Peno's table

• 12-05-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any were i could find a table that shows a list of Penos awarded Home & Away for each team for the 2007/08 season?

This arises after a discussion in work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

and begin pool-united fan argument........now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

MBC wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any were i could find a table that shows a list of Penos awarded Home & Away for each team for the 2007/08 season?

This arises after a discussion in work in the aftermath of yesterday's disgraceful performance by Steve Bennett. Awarding Utd a dubios one and not awarding wigan a stonewall one:confused:

didnt think uniteds was that dubious tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

In fairness, Uniteds was hardly dubious, Wigans should have been given but thats life "These things balance themselves out" is the phrase that will be repeated throughout this thread.
    As for your query, I have no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

BTW just to add im an arsenal fan........just taught bennett's performance was shocking yesterday......and would be interested to see a table like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We were awarded two, both away against Sunderland and Birmingham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

No, these things 'don't balance themselves out', not when it comes to the Mancs. ONE penalty awarded against them all season, which is absolutely ridiculous. You honestly think they've only committed ONE foul in their own penalty area this season? My arse have they......... Taggart has referees in his pocket, they're afraid to give pens against the Mancs in case they incur his wrath. They could do with growing a set of balls and start standing up to twat, instead of not calling it as they see it

Hows about people don't actually start another argument about refs, decisions etc etc and just discuss the actual penalties table. Maybe we can construct it ourselves as I don't see one.

Note: These are scored pens. All i can find

United 6 for 1 against (I know ronaldo missed 1)
    Chelsea 7 for 3 against.
    Liverpool 5 for 4 against
    Everton 1 for 4 against
    Arsenal 5 for 3 against
    Villa 6 for 2 against
    Blackburn 5 for 4 against
    Pompy 4 for 1 against
    City 2 for 2 against
    West ham 2 for 2 against
    Spurs 4 for 2 against (I know Keane missed two)
    Boro 2 for 2 against
    Newcastle 4 for 2 against
    Wigan 4 for 2 against
    Sunderland 1 for 9 against
    Bolton 0 for 5 against
    Fulham 2 for 5 against
    Reading 2 for 3 against
    Birmingham 6 for 8 against
    Derby 0 for 4 against

No, these things 'don't balance themselves out', not when it comes to the Mancs. ONE penalty awarded against them all season, which is absolutely ridiculous. You honestly think they've only committed ONE foul in their own penalty area this season? My arse have they......... Taggart has referees in his pocket, they're afraid to give pens against the Mancs in case they incur his wrath. They could do with growing a set of balls and start standing up to twat, instead of not calling it as they see it

LOOK OUT FOR THE WORMS!!!!!111!!!!eleventy!!!!111!!!!

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Hows about people don't actually start another argument about refs, decisions etc etc and just discuss the actual penalties table. Maybe we can construct it ourselves as I don't see one.

United were awarded 6 in the league with 1 against.

Good idea......i'll edit my original post.

Edit: just seen posts above, and i dont wana get dragged into one of these arguments.....move along;)

• Advertisement

Everton got awarded their FIRST pen of the season yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You think only 6 fouls were commited against United in the box over the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The old chestnut that things "even themselves out over the course of a season" is bollocks. Does luck in football even itself out overall? Sure. Over a 38 game sample size? lol no.

Note: These are scored pens. All i can find

United 6 for 1 against (I know ronaldo missed 1)
    Chelsea 7 for 3 against.
    Liverpool 5 for 4 against
    Everton 1 for 4 against
    Arsenal 5 for 3 against
    Villa 6 for 2 against
    Blackburn 5 for 4 against
    Pompy 4 for 1 against
    City 2 for 2 against
    West ham 2 for 2 against
    Spurs 4 for 2 against (I know Keane missed two)
    Boro 2 for 2 against
    Newcastle 4 for 2 against
    Wigan 4 for 2 against
    Sunderland 1 for 9 against
    Bolton 0 for 5 against
    Fulham 2 for 5 against
    Reading 2 for 3 against
    Birmingham 6 for 8 against
    Derby 0 for 4 against

Cheers for this.

Bolton 0 for 5 against
    Derby 0 for 4 against

:eek: Conspiracy

Makes some interesting reading, granted though they are only the scored ones, there could be a few more.

I think it shows that teams around the bottom generally conceed more of them and a lot of them were against the top sides.

Like 3 of uniteds 6 were against wigan, sunderland and Derby. Chelsea also got pens against Sunderland and Derby and also Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No surprise that the more attacking teams have ended up with more penalties awarded to them compared to the more defensive/sh1te teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Jaysus... Sunderland 1, 9 against. no wonder Keane rages at the referees, that's some seriously bad luck.

I bet McShane was to blame for at least 7 of those 9 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Makes some interesting reading, granted though they are only the scored ones, there could be a few more.

I think it shows that teams around the bottom generally conceed more of them and a lot of them were against the top sides.

Like 3 of uniteds 6 were against wigan, sunderland and Derby. Chelsea also got pens against Sunderland and Derby and also Fulham.

There is a very simple answer to this that doesn't involve conspiracys

The top teams of the league have more of the ball, and thus attack more, and hence being in the opposition box more so have more of a chance in getting fouled in the box.

• Advertisement

I wasn't saying there was any at all. Was trying to point out to those who say there is that there isnt :D

:D completely mis read it

my bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A "should've been a penalty\never a penalty" table would be more interesting

And nigh on impossible to compile :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone see that ex-ref(can't think of his name,Jeff something-or-other)on SSN this morning,he said he would have given the penalty against Rio at first look,but on second look he wouldn't have since it hit his shoulder!

Jeff Winter. Everyone knows he's a tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's the one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"these things balace themselves out over the course of the season".
    What a kop out. I know its impossible to get EVERY decision right, but this is just an excuse for a poor standard of refereeing.

Jeff Winter - "a refereeing legend and top media personality"... According to his website anyway :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What about this piece of fun

http://www.rightresult.net/index.php

Briefly, it purports to correct the results by fixing ref decisions. Ironically, perhaps, in the adjusted table Man Utd won by five points!

nipplenuts wrote: »
    What about this piece of fun

http://www.rightresult.net/index.php

Briefly, it purports to correct the results by fixing ref decisions. Ironically, perhaps, in the adjusted table Man Utd won by five points!

See I don't understand how that works. Penos doesn't automatically mean a goal, offside decisions doesn't mean that player would of scored.

Then there is the way a match would of changed if goals had gone in at certain times.

That site is a load of tosh tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Unearthly wrote: »
    See I don't understand how that works. Penos doesn't automatically mean a goal, offside decisions doesn't mean that player would of scored.

Then there is the way a match would of changed if goals had gone in at certain times.

Yeah.............But it's only a bit of fun - like lads here speculating what might have been. Obviously they have no way to measure a psychological effect, like they don't cover non-sendings off, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I just don't go for the conspiracy theories surrounding penalties awarded etc. Statistically the top 4 teams would spend more time attacking, sometimes the defenders will make a late challenge and concede a penalty. The lower teams in the prem spend more time defending. For them to be awarded a penalty they have to make a bit of an effort and at least try to get the ball into the opposition's box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Its really stupid to think now situation on table would be different judging by 1 or 2 penalties more or less for some team,i just think theres no conspiracy,if theres were 20 penalties for some team maybe i would think something,but 5-6.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement