Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Icepop/Icecream...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone remember Mr Longs.
    Came out about 1997 or so. Were about a foot long, lemon and I think it was strawberry icepop twisted around it.

Lovely stuff. I remember just before they discontinued it, my local shop sold them half price. Bought one nearly every day for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Good quality vanilla ice cream where you can actually see the vanilla beans in it. Nothing beats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I used to love magnums when they first came out but I tried one again last year and thought it was a bit vile.

Same with Fat Frogs when they reappeared. I was so exicted, but they were smaller and just not the same.

Brunch, iceberger and cornetto or probably top of the list for traditional stuff. To be honest I think I'd just prefer a nice tub of Ben and Jerry's though.

+1 again for the m & ms cookie though - that was my ultimate favourite for ages. Like the M&Ms ice cream tubs that don't exist anymore. They were even better than Ben and Jerry's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 uskidsgo

Mars ice-cream or original Cornetto. Depending on my mood.

Can't believe neither has got a mention so far!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Its gotta be a mint feast or mint magnum for me yum!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Been eating a lot of mint feasts lately.
    Saw Feast Bars in shops recently, WTF?!? It's got vanilla ice cream, its just wrong:mad:

Found those rockets in costcutters in windy arbour last week, had to buy one. Taste like sh1t, just like i remembered:D.

There used to be loads of flavours of sparklers, orange, cola and pear were always my favourites.

Dammit, no sweets are as good as they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Wibbly wobbly wonder:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

anyone remember the Kilamanjaro ice-cream?
    we used to get one after mass on Sundays when we were young!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I used to love Caspers!!! Nowadays, as far as ice-pop things go, it depends on my mood. If I am feeling hungry and rich, a mint feast, hungover, a loop the loop, thirsty, a supersplit!! Ben and Jerry's icecream though i my absolte favourite!!

Just a note - it's Calippo (sp?) NOT Calypso!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Have to add Mr. Freeze. Nothing like a red Mr. Freeze or 12 to cool you down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Strawberry or lime flavour Calippos are out in Spain, they beat the orange flavour hands down! I did love the tropical flavour here that was out last year but it seems to be only pineapple ones around these days!

Those Magnum Double Caramel ones, take off the outer layer of chocolate and enjoy all the gooey caramel. Although the second layer of chocolate is always way too thin!:mad:

Hungover - has to be a Twister. But not a very frozen one. Just right between frozen and melting if I'm making any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

1. HB Brunch. Unbeatable.
    2. 99 - must be proper soft whip ice cream mind.
    3. Pistachio flavour ice cream. Funny thing is I hate real Pistachio nuts.

As a kid back in the 70's I used to love Dracula ice pops. Lurid black coloured outer layer with gooey red stuff inside. God only knows what sort of e-numbers they had to use to get those colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

dogmatix wrote: »
    1. HB Brunch. Unbeatable.

Agreed, they're brilliant.

Icebergers are another favourite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oooh.. I love Maxibons and Icebergers
    Snickers ice cream are great too
    And you can't beat a 99
    Special treat would be the twisty mix cups they do at the HB stand in Jervis with the waffle bits, fruit, smarties etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I loved the M&M cookie biscuit ice cream thingy that was out about 2-3 years ago bloody savage it was, I've never met anybody else who has actually had one which is probably why they aint around anymore :(

I had one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

hehe, weren't Brunches those 'puke' coloured ice-pops? Anyway, my favourite was always the Loop-da-Loops. Strangely enough though, I never particularly enjoyed the chocolate portion of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Kevster wrote: »
    hehe, weren't Brunches those 'puke' coloured ice-pops? Anyway, my favourite was always the Loop-da-Loops. Strangely enough though, I never particularly enjoyed the chocolate portion of it.

Nah - Brunches are (and they are still around) those strawberry and vanilla ice cream pops covered in red, white and pink biscuit crumbs. More expensive then your average icepop but worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Magnum Almond, or failing that (due to budgetary concerns ;) ) , the cheap Dunnes Stores version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Ruu wrote: »
    Loop de loop. :)
    love em......

Advertisement