Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver Setup - Need Help

Options
  • 12-05-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

They sent me an e-mail over a week ago saying my line had been activated for BB. I received the modem today - Netgear Wireless being the make if that's important.

So I was going through the setup process as dictated by the CD that came with the router and got as far as a stage where it was attempting to use IE to connect to the following URL: www.routerlogin.com/ca/setup.cgi?todo=con_test and got no further. Instead I get "internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I tried all the recommended malarky of plugging out phone lines and ethernet cables and then plugging them back in. I tried an alternate phone wire and an alternate Ethernet cable. The lights for power, Ethernet and DSL were all green but the one for Internet wasn't, except for one point when I plugged the DSL phone line (the one that goes from the DSL side of the filter to the router) directly into the Eircom phone socket without the filter. But even though all four lights were green, nothing was happening, i.e. Internet Explorer wasn't going beyond the URL mentioned above and no other pages can load if I try (I tried Google with Firefox).

I'm a novice at this whole thing so it's possible I'm making a stupid mistake somewhere... at one point during the router set-up, it asked me to enter an IP Address, Subnet Mask and Primary DNS. UTV hadn't provided these but I got them by clicking on the connection icon in the lower right and then entered them. The other information I had to enter )VPI, VCI and Protocol), I entered correctly.

So... I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is in Limerick City, by the way.

Advertisement