Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverside hotel

Options
  • 12-05-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea when they are reopening, will it have a new name, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

Just got an email back from them: "We are hoping to open Monday the 19th May 08" - which is next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

kewl cheers dude. I'll be away the start of next week but will probably check it out the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wonder are they opening the Spirit Gym at the same time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's what we are hoping. Did you go there before they closed the hotel Basquille?

That's what we are hoping. Did you go there before they closed the hotel Basquille?
    Nope.. but planning to as soon as it opens.

There's a sign outside saying it (Spirit) is opening soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

oooh do you think it'll be all done up and modern??

probably exorbitant membership fees though. le sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Is the hotel opening or just the gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

She said the hotel, at least that's what's implied by the quote above. No mention of the Gym but it'd seem reasonable to assume.

No idea of prices or anything though.

I know there was some concern with the local community with regards planning permission for apartment type accomodation, which I think was suspected to be an asylum centre type place. Perhaps it was rejected.

A nice little pool there, it would be good to have it open again, the leisure centre is a pain for us non-drivers.

I'm dying to try the restaurant there. (I'm waiting for a certain ticket seller to come a knockin'!)

I'm so really joking there..

Pool is definitely gone sueme.. heard that from a couple of people.

• Advertisement

Thats a shame Basquille. Its a pity theres not a pool in or around town. I know the Leisure centre isn't that far, but an hours walk there and back puts me off. (I know, excuses excuses...!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I'm not sure what is happening with the hotel rooms, I did hear ages ago that they were going to be turned into some kind of appartments. But I'm pretty sure the old Mill bar area is going to be reopened as a Thai restaruant.

I'm not sure what is happening with the hotel rooms, I did hear ages ago that they were going to be turned into some kind of appartments. But I'm pretty sure the old Mill bar area is going to be reopened as a Thai restaruant.

I believe the restaurant has been reopened as a Thai Restaurant, and afaik the bar is a bar. The pool is gone, but the gym is re-opening. The hotel rooms may or may not be apartment/self catering units.

:confused:

We need an investigative reporter here.

Advertisement