Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any 02 shops besides the one on Williamsgate St?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

I went into the O2 shop on Williamsgate St and it seems the guy there has given me wrong information.
    I've been trying to contact them all day on the number from the business card he provided but they just won't answer their phones.
    Can't really run all the way down there just to argue with him so, are there any other 02 shops in town i could try?
    Galway Shopping Centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what information were you looking for? maybe the boardies can help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

i doubt it.
    I have a prepaid phone with 02, but would like to go to Bill pay as i have a new smartphone and keep my existing number and simcard.
    Grand so, the guy in 02 tells me he can do it but says that for the first 3 months of the contact(Bill pay contact) i cannot use the phone for international calls.
    But i'm going abroad next month and will need to make international calls.

So i rang 02 and they say that yes the guy in the shop can do a credit check on me to quote "remove this limitation".

But since i can't get ahold of the shop on Williamgate St, i wonder is there any other shop that'd provide better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

The limitation on roaming and making international calls is on a lot of networks. Normal way to get around this is pay a hefty up front fee, which is then credited against your account. So in other words your prepaying your post pay bills.

If your having problems with the O2 shop why not just go to a carphone warehouse? They can do most things along those lines and from my exp do it better than most single brand shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Oh great, now somebody else just told me that what they really mean is that i won't be able to place international calls from within ireland.
    But once i'm overseas i'll be able to ring overseas numbers.
    WTF

just rang the Carphone warehouse and followed the prompts for "Sales".
    Got to some muppet that was fobbing me off to my existing network.
    He said the "3 month limitation" is across the board will all the networks and there is no way around it.
    I brought up that apparently the shop can do a credit check and fore-go this limitation and then he said yeah, in "extreme cases" they can.
    So since he brought up a requirement of "extreme cases" i queried him on this and he couldn't really say what "extreme cases" are for certainty but he thought it maybe if you buy a phone and need to go abroad, that'd be an "extreme case".
    Anyway he was fobbing me off and i told him i thought i was talking to "Sales", you know, so why is he not trying to make a sale?
    But he didn't know anything about that and said he's "customer service" and i need to go into the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

As long as you set up your account by direct debit they should't have any grounds to refuse you roaming in the first 3mts....

You are aware that 02 has some of the highest roaming rates in the country......might be worth taking into consideration before signing up with them.....beware of 18mt contracts....... Check out http://www.callcosts.ie/mobile_phones/Mobile_Calculator.123.LE.asp to see which network might be the cheapest to run....there can be huge differences...

back to your original question have you tried http://www.cellularworld.ie/ on the tuam road...

Failing that i'd go back into the 02 store and look for the manager and some cash back for upsetting you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There's an O2 store on Shop Street, opposite AIB.

Advertisement