Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband conection/gateway problem

Options
  • 12-05-2008 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

the other day i reformated my pc from vista to xp pro.
    but now i cant connect to the internet on that pc.im know usein my spare pc on the same line so i know it isint a faulty router or cable.

i installed the the stuff on the disc that i got from eircom and at the end of the installation wen it was configuren network settings it said there was something wrong with the gateway.

im really a noob wen its comes to this kinda stuff so is there something i have to do so im able to connect to the internet.

any help given is greatly appreciated as i love my other and the one im now is as slow as **** lol

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the result when you ping the router (normally at 192.168.1.254 for Eircom)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barler

Spear wrote: »
    What's the result when you ping the router (normally at 192.168.1.254 for Eircom)?

theanks for replying

when i tried this yesterday it didint work it just wouldnt load

wen i did the eircom test thingy it said it was a gateway problem.
    is there a way to set up ur gateway or should it just be there anyway ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

theres a reset button on the back, its a little hole push it with a pin or somethin, can ya access the router homepage, ya could click start>run type ipconfig and hit enter and post what it says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 barler

guil07 wrote: »
    theres a reset button on the back, its a little hole push it with a pin or somethin, can ya access the router homepage, ya could click start>run type ipconfig and hit enter and post what it says

anymore suggestions on wat to do coz before i disconnect everything from this pc because its a pain in the ass switchin everthing back over(cables and power supply)

so is there anything else i could do ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

barler wrote: »
    theanks for replying

when i tried this yesterday it didint work it just wouldnt load

wen i did the eircom test thingy it said it was a gateway problem.
    is there a way to set up ur gateway or should it just be there anyway ??

Wouldn't load? What is there about a ping command that needs to load?
    With the machine connected to the router run "ipconfig /all" in a command prompt and show us the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Check device manager in XP to make sure your network card/adapter is installed correctly. If ir has a yellow exclamation mark or something listed as unknown devices then it's not installed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Open network connections in control panel and righclick the LAN. Disable it from that menu. then do the same and re-enable it. That will clear all its settings. If that doesnt work go to start>run. In the box that open type in cmd and hit ok. In the black dos box that opens type in "netsh"hit enter. Then type " int ip reset reset.txt" enter. When it goes back to the prompt type in "dump". When it finishes scrolling past restart your PC and check if it works. Hope that sorts it for you.

Advertisement