Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions

Options
  • 12-05-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Well I have decided to go with a completely new kit orientated mainly for games and have come up with this:

AKASA Zen Black case with 2 Silent 12cm

Fortron/Source Powersupply ATX 400W

Asus M2A-VM HDMI, AMD 690G+SB600, HDMI,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.5GHz Socket AM2

A-DATA DDR2 PC5300 4096MB CL5

Any suggestions (the most I have to spend is 600 and I have a screen, speakers etc all ready

Point of View GeForce 8500GT 512MB,GDDR2

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2
    NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200A, IDE,

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
    PC box

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What's your budget and how much does the above cost?

I would go intel at the moment especially if you are overclocking. The graphics card isn't great to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I want to go intel but there are no affordable komplett kits that have intel processors. The kit itself cost 520 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Terrible for games; unfortunately, wouldn't even muster up the latest games past low-ish settings.

Don't use the system builder on that budget, get the parts yourself. I would build something along these lines on that budget:

Option 1 - utilizing your budget

untitled-8.jpg

Option 2 - minimizing your budget:

untitled-9.jpg

Thanks! Next question how hard is it to build a PC? lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Neither of those builds include windows which going by his opening post he needs.

• Advertisement

Indeed, my mistake. Factor in an extra 70/90 euro for OEM Vista Basic/Premium.

Is there much variation in performance difference between the first and second kit?

What about this?

Higabyte GZ-X1 Black, 4X 5,25",

Silver Power PSU, 600W, 120mm fan

MSI K9AGM3-FD, AMD 690G+SB600, DVI,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.5GHz Socket AM2

Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4DHX DDR2, 2048MB

HIS Radeon X1650GT 256MB GDDR3, IceQ,

Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2

NEC DVD±RW burner AD-7200A, IDE,

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Eng
    PC box
    D-Link DWL-G510 PCI 54Mbps

The first is much better, but the second would easily catch up with a bit of CPU overclocking. Plus, they're examples; feel free to look at the likes of www.dabs.ie and www.hardwareversand.de to compare prices.

That machine is still poor, average processor, and extremely weak video card. For a brand new computer geared towards gaming, the 9600Gt/8800GTS 320mb would be the minimum port of call in my opinion, the 512mb 8800GTS/9800GTX or 8800GT being ideal.

• Advertisement

Damn I guess I'm going to have to go with the DIY option like I asked earlier is there much difference between kit 1 and kit 2?

The first is much better, but the second would easily catch up with a bit of CPU overclocking. Plus, they're examples; feel free to look at the likes of www.dabs.ie and www.hardwareversand.de to compare prices.

But even if you're not overclocking, both machines are relatively powerful and will drive any game at high settings on a 17/19" monitor :)

I also have to reinforce that Kompletts prices have not been good lately, so do shop around before committing.

Sorry I missed the other message. Why do these things have to be so expensive?!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

Go with something like squalls build at the end of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278463&page=3

www.hardwareversand.de

Building a computer is easy if you put a little effort into learning how to do it properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Definitely go Hardwareversand like Skuzzb has said, you can get a very decent pc for €600 with them built and delivered...

4nkg744isot7fjdysloh_thumb.jpg

I would build it, saves €20 and if something does go wrong you will have a much better idea of whats wrong after building it yourself..

Pc is perfectly fast at stock speeds, still it would be criminal not overclock that cpu you could get it to 3.0ghz easy with that mobo and ram..

Windows 64bit isnt in stock at the moment, they update stock frequently maybe a day or two wait

Could you repost that list it came up too small to see

4nkg744isot7fjdysloh.jpg

For an extra €20 you could upgrade to the 512mb 8800gts which will be in stock in a few days and upgrade to a 650 watt Corsair for the same price ( now in stock )

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=20887&agid=554

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=19286&agid=240

An overclocked E2180, 8800gts, 2gigs of fast ram is all thats needed for everygame on a 22" or below monitor..

How much for the first package?

Advertisement