Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage name on number plate

Options
  • 12-05-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

Is having the name of the garage underneath the back number plate allowed in test? I heard of a DOE testee who was told he would be failed if he did not remove it there and then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is having the name of the garage underneath the back number plate allowed in test?
    Underneath the plate or on the actual plate?

AFAIK and I'm open to correction, the garage name may be on the plastic surround. It's definitely not permitted on the plate itself.

In saying that, I've never heard of anyone's test being abandoned because of a registration plate fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Underneath the plate or on the actual plate?

AFAIK and I'm open to correction, the garage name may be on the plastic surround. It's definitely not permitted on the plate itself.

In saying that, I've never heard of anyone's test being abandoned because of a registration plate fault.
    Yes, i meant on the plastic surround sorry, thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 coolshark

Never heard of this. All the tester is interested in is your reg number to make sure it matches the one you gave him/her before you come out to your car. This kinda detail is not that they are looking for. They simply check to make sure car is taxed, insured and current nct disc is displayed and that all front and back indicators and brake lights are working plus a check to make sure there are no bulges or wrips in any of the tyres.

Dont worry about these minute details. The garage will have advertising on the inside of the glass on the back windscreen and may or may not have the name of the garage or website under the reg nunber on the reg plate but it really doesnt matter in the slightest.

Advertisement