Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for the next one?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

So what are people planning for ur next tattoos???

im gettin one similar to this in a week or so, was surpirsed to see someone had one identical to one i planned in my head!!!

Im gettin the ribbon cause my mother died of breast cancer and my gran and grandad (on my mothers side) both suffered from alzeimers (sp) and that is the flower to represent that.

blog.gif

mine will be bigger than that and on the side of my right hip.

my first colour tattoo too!!!! and number 8 of my collection!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Got a whole list of stuff I'm gettin!

Prefer to just suprise by puttin the pic up though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Same as Le Rack I've a list as long as my arm! 1st to do is get my white one redone. Then I was script on my foot, a celticy looking Sugar Skull, ogham and maybe a few little others.....€€€€'s are the problemo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

In the next few weeks red web on my elbow, oldskool lettering on my wrist, hopefully more work on my portrait sleeve. In the next few months, a full traditional sleeve and some script on my chest, a pirate themed legsleeve in a traditional style, a colour portrait of Heath Ledger as Joker on my thigh, maybe some stuff on my fingers and "Baguh!" inside my lip (those of you from UCD may know the Baguh streakers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

God where do you start really wanna finish my sleeve and then get something done that represents my kids [3 boys so cant go to flowery]but its the money [or lack of it] otherwise i would be covered head to toe:D

seein as the main issure for people here is money, why is it that ink is so expensive in ireland, I've heard from mates almost all over the world that it's so much cheaper pretty much everywhere that isn't here...

I imagine it's a lot to do with market saturation, or the lack there of but even in Dublin, where we have a whole host of top quality shops, prices are still pretty high

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

rubbish, i think we have it pretty good price wise for the quality we get.
    take america for example, i was looking into getting some while i was over in california. $150 per hour or so, and you tip there for tattooing also. Dont mind the conversion rates for once, imagine you are living there and euros dont mean squat.
    I mightnt be popular for my next comment...
    I think tattooing and piercing in America and Canada is way ahead of Ireland (and Europe im sure) in terms of quality. This isnt a dig at the studios here at all by the way.
    But, piercing in America (and Canada) common procedure is internally threaded jewelry, top quality titanium barbells, the APP (Assocaition of professional piercers), loads of things like that.
    Most of the world class piercers and tattoo artists are there, making a killing. We do have great artists here yes, but there is also a lot of crap being put out, and even the good artists here have off days (like everyone)
    I've talked to a few people about the difference in quality they see in tattooing here compared with america/canada, one girl in particular (new recptionist in body shock) she was even saying the colours pop out more there compared with here.

*hides*

well ok, but for example, I kinda know a few polish artists, n my polish mates in general have all said that Ireland is wicked expensive compared to their place, and ye can't deny there is some quality artists comin from Poland...

I'm deadly sure the states are well ahead of us, considering a lot of stuff originated there, or was developed there etc...

Another thing that I think is really bad about Irish bod mods is the lack of authority on it all...I know there is a certain basic standard but there's no denying there is at least one place we could all name in Dublin that should have been shut down a long time ago for their piercing practices...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

in australia, actually, to be a piercer, you have to have qualifications almost on par with nurses, you're trained by the same people. new zealand is like ireland, absoltuely no control on it whatsoever, i was told about someone who pierced a 14year old girl's genitals... just not right.

at the same time though, the prices are a lot more firendly. tatooists'll tend to charge per piece rather than per hour, and that charge is usually closer to $60 (€30) than to $100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I know I've mentioned this in other threads before, but EVERYTHING is more expensive in Ireland - tattoo and piercing prices aren't an exception. Just like you, tattooists and piercers have to pay sky high rents, gas prices, high cost food and drink etc.

tattoos and piercings are expensive because everything else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Wilburt wrote: »
    and you tip there for tattooing also.

do none of you tip anyway?

i wouldn't tip if it was my first time getting a piece done by someone, but if you stick around with the same artist i think it's nice to tip

• Advertisement

I tipped on my tattoo yeah, even though I didn't feel like it because the artist in question was a jerk to me for the last session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I've just finished 11 hours of outlining on my chest and stomach, next on the agenda is to get her in full colour :)
    In the meantime ive got a text calf piece thats going to be done in between the colouring sessions and ive got 2 full sleeves in the works.
    Theres gonna be a full side/thigh piece too somewhere down the line... :D just a matter of getting the time to fit it in!

^ you know what im gonna say....

PICS!

haha, soundin good lady, not long before you've no space left at all :D

my next plan is to get my polar bear completely finished, and sometime next year, getting a start on my sleeve. hoping to have the sleeve finished within the year, except ill have to be going to him during the weekends (gonna involve a flight/ferry), cos i *have* to work so many hours of the week if im gonna get my work visa :/

I'll PM you :) don't wanna display my bewbs for all to see :p and she's currently flaking
    I'm really really REEEEEALLY delighted with her!! She just needs colour now..

Oh wow, can't wait to see when you get it done. I love your polar bear!!

wont be a big job finishing my polar bear. you know the way i have my handwriting above it?

i just want to add some handwriting beneath it too, such a; small job i just never quite get round to it.

Yea! Ah nice one, I really don't know how you sat getting it done. When I got my cherry blossoms on my hip/thigh...it was pretty painful.

Although now I've had my sternum done...brings a whole new meaning to the word!! :)
    You'll have to put pics up when its done!

nah, polar bear looks dreadful in photos. the scarrage beneath it is really obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭aido182

I hope to get my back completed. Thinking of getting some celtic mythological scenes in light grey to kinda sit "behind" my celtic backpiece (if that makes any sense)

While I'm here, has anyone any suggestions for an artist for that kind of work? Im thinking JMD's or Stigmata (where I got my original piece done).

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

My next few tattoos will be....Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Green Lantern.....then maybe Spiderman and Batman.

I have a Superman tat on my left arm and its the beginning of a sleeve, a superhero sleeve!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Put Iron man and Joker in there man. I need to get Heath Ledgers Joker tattooed on me asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

The Joker might go on my back...maybe...not Heath Ledger's Joker though, I'm gonna visit his grave in the next few days instead

Its a work in progress, even in my mind!!

Wonder Woman and Catwoman are going on my legs like

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

No plans for future tattoos yet - I want to get the ones I have sorted first!

and slightly o/t, but I would have loved for piercers here to carry internally threaded surface bars with flat discs instead of balls. I know they're more expensive an' all.

i have to ask... the internally threaded bars...

i dont get it... can anyone explain, in english for me please?

internally threaded, rather than have the wee hole in the ball, the hole is in the bar and a little twisty bit comes out of the ball like so

1551.jpg

Ok, nevermind all that, it's right but this is much better!

sc00842a4f01.jpg

jenizzle: anatometal are carrying new style surface bars, even the bar itself is flat and not round therefore not exuding as much pressure on the piercing compared with a standard bar... you can buy the flat discs from BAF but the new surface bars are only being sold to piercing studios and not regular punters

thanks, rach.

Wilburt wrote: »
    jenizzle: anatometal are carrying new style surface bars, even the bar itself is flat and not round therefore not exuding as much pressure on the piercing compared with a standard bar... you can buy the flat discs from BAF but the new surface bars are only being sold to piercing studios and not regular punters

Cheers Will, but I don't have any surface piercings left :( I can't help but wonder which ones would have been saved if there were flat discs resting against the skin instead of the balls getting caught on stuff!

Also, totally o/t, I notice that BAF don't have Ireland listed as a place they ship to, and that for places not listed to mail them - is this necessary??

I don't think so, I know a few people here who use BAF and there is no need to mail em. I should be putting in an order during the week myself. I will let you know how it goes if ya want?
    Gauge uses BAF and she's never had an problems as far as i know

That would be cool, cheers! I usually go with Wildcat, free shipping an' all that, and very nice to deal with if there's a problem so not in too much of a rush to move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Im hoping to go for my first tattoo in a few weeks. Im going to tattoo zoo in cork. Because of some problems i have, im not that good at making appointments n stuff like that but i really want to get it done. So i hope i will go through with it.

Advertisement