Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coronas are playing the Court Yard Hotel - Leixlip Festival

Options
  • 12-05-2008 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

:eek: I just heard today that The Coronas are going to playing in the Court Yard during the Leixlip Festival...

Can anyone confirm this for me? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

If you're in Leixlip, you should get a festival guide through your door a few days/weeks before th festival. It will give all the listings for events/gigs that are taking place over that week/weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Is it the June Bank Holiday weekend that the Festival is on?

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cill Dara

Apparently Aslan are back to play there again this year. Really looking froward to all this now if it is all true. Fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cill Dara

The festival is taking place from 29th May till 2nd June. It used to be known as the Salmon Leap Festival but recently has been changed to Leixlip Festival

• Advertisement

The quality of act has gone down somewaht in recent years. Back in the late 90s it was always worth going to see some of them, but nowadays I usually give it a miss.

The viking re-enactments that they used to have on were also pretty decent. It's a pity they got rid of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

the coronas, republic of loose, aslan, the blues brothers, some band called the harleys are playing the courtyard over the festival weekend

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I knew the coronas were definitley playing the courtyard, but not replublic of loose.

I saw the coronas recently in Mullinar and they were excellent. well at least the lead singer is fantastic live. so it should be good all round!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Coronas are playing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ChewChew wrote: »
    I knew the coronas were definitley playing the courtyard, but not replublic of loose.

I saw the coronas recently in Mullinar and they were excellent. well at least the lead singer is fantastic live. so it should be good all round!!!

I heard The Coronas were promising to introduce a fourth chord on their next album. Funny how they played in my front garden last week and I didn't bother to go see them :)

• Advertisement

Antithetic wrote: »
    I heard The Coronas were promising to introduce a fourth chord on their next album. Funny how they played in my front garden last week and I didn't bother to go see them :)

:eek: WHAT??? :eek:

where is your back garden.??? and you didnt go see them?? SHAME on you aaah ahaha:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ChewChew wrote: »
    where is your back garden.???

Front garden!

Front garden!

where is your garden??? I soooo jealous. :eek: I totally love the coronas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Amz wrote: »
    The quality of act has gone down somewaht in recent years. Back in the late 90s it was always worth going to see some of them, but nowadays I usually give it a miss.

The viking re-enactments that they used to have on were also pretty decent. It's a pity they got rid of 'em.

Ritchie Kavanagh? :pac:

Vikings were the best thing about the festival alright, "burn the boat!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

must get my own outfit Never Say Die to play there next year...blow these 3 chord wonders away hahahah :)

looking forward to it all tho...moved to leixlip from Naas at least for now...so should be fun alright.

would the courtyard be interested in a top notch classic rock covers band with 2 and a half hours of a show playing there sometime do yas think????

ciao' amigos...Baggio......

The Coronas are also playing Time in Naas on the thursday 29th May. :D happy happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

How typical. You've clearly never actually listened to their music

iamnothim wrote: »
    How typical. You've clearly never actually listened to their music

I was thinking that. . .lol. .. arent they just great??? I love their album. I wont be able to make the gig in Time but I will definitley be in the courtyard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you want to discuss the merits of the band, then the music forum is probably a better place.

Let's get back to the event :)

http://www.leixlipfestival.com/

This site seems to give details of all the events running during the festival.

For anyone new to the Leixlip area, I'd suggest trying to get on one of the historical walking tours of the area. There's so much interesting history to the area that many people wouldn't be aware of i.e. the first guinness was made there etc.

• Advertisement

Thanx for that Amz. . .

I was on to the Courtyard hotel for information about the coronas playing, and they are actually playing in the yard of the hotel which should be interesting as its not all that big. And admission will be €5

Anyone going???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cionád wrote: »
    Ritchie Kavanagh? :pac:

Vikings were the best thing about the festival alright, "burn the boat!"
    The burning boat kicked ass.

When I'm supreme leader of Leixlip, I'm gonna bring it back.

Vote for me at the next town council elections.

Pfft, the day a Hiller rules Leixlip is the day Bertie Ahearn becomes Pope.

come on the far enders!!!

now who the hell is going to see the coronas???

I may pop down, will depend on whether I know any other people going or not.

I have a huge group going. Soooooo cant wait!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Is that on now?
    I'm gonna head down soon.

The should bring back the festival nettle rose.

Did you get in Terry? I was told you'd need to be down around 7 to get a spot to watch it. I wasn't bothered going down to it in the end.

Ah lads. . . the coronas played on Friday!!!! how disappointed am I? I totally missed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement