Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sea swim

• 12-05-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

where's the best place to swim in the sea in County Waterford?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore? Popular beach... Then the little villages outside of Tramore like Bunmahon. :)

As this is not a City question.. Topic Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't be fooled by the air temps, the water is at its coldest in April so its still bloody cold. Wait until Sept when its warmest :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Dunmore is my favourite, especially if you're not into big waves. Tramore for the waves if you're into that sort of thing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its 8C today in the Water apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmay!

its actually around 11.5C to 12C at the moment, its warming up quickly. But be ready for a shock if you haven't been in the water since last summer.

• Advertisement

jimmay! wrote: »
    its actually around 11.5C to 12C at the moment, its warming up quickly. But be ready for a shock if you haven't been in the water since last summer.

Well offical reports are saying its been 8C and someone on the radio said the highest it goes to is about 12C (in general). Apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmay!

I don't know where your getting that from in august and september the water will get to around 16C. I am in the water nearly every day so i recognise what temputare the water is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭cutback

the guillemene is a great spot for swimming, especially when the spring board goes up in the summer (it's not up yet though).

jimmay! wrote: »
    I don't know where your getting that from in august and september the water will get to around 16C. I am in the water nearly every day so i recognise what temputare the water is.

Yesterdays tempreture was given by Radio 1 detailed Weather Report. I may have misheard the other tempretures on Beat tho. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

went swimming last week out in tramore about 5ish.. Now it was absolutely freezing but its grand once you get into it.. Nice and refreshing! Going to the guillemenes on thursday should be even colder :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

There's an old saying:

April and May, keep out of the sea,
    June and July, stay in 'til you die. (not literally, I hope)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Hmmm...last swim was on Christmas Day in Dunmore and it was glorious, I am a hardy soul and wouldn't be caught dead in a wetsuit.

Can someone give me directions to the Guillamene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DJ1

To get to the Guillemene you go through Tramore in the direction of Annestown, turn left after the Ritz pub and continue along that road for about 1m, the G is accessed through the car park on your left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Thanking you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

deise-lady wrote: »
    Hmmm...last swim was on Christmas Day in Dunmore and it was glorious, I am a hardy soul and wouldn't be caught dead in a wetsuit.

Ooh! Me too! 'Twas the best way to start the day ever! Try Woodstown Beach, or Knockaveelish - nice and quiet.

Advertisement