Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 146 - Cost to replace wishbones

Options
  • 12-05-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Failed my NCT on a 99 Alfa 146 (91K miles) due to worn left and right font wishbones.

Got a quote today for €390 to replace.
    Does this seem like good value.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Seems ok if they are going to check the tracking etc as part of the job.

You could probably get them done a bit cheaper but do you know anybody who would do it for less? I think the price is probably ok.

Richard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

agree sounds about a decent enough price. I presume that includes labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Thanks for the replies.

Yes €390 in total including labour and tracking.

I did not get a breakdown of the parts and labour, but the wishbones are €52 euro each on micksgarage so I though the overall cost was a bit expensive

btw. how much is tracking on it's own in advance pit stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Get the wishbones yourself, go to a backyard garage or get a mechanic to do the wishbones, bring it to advance pitstop or someit to get tracking done.

Sorted. probably a lot cheaper minus the hassle.

EDIT: my tracking was 60 euro in advance.

Advertisement