Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it legal to Ride your Horse from Dublin to Cork on the road?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious as these petrol prices are only going one way.....;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

Now would take you a long time not to mind the dangers. AFAIK its legal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Just curious as these petrol prices are only going one way.....;)

What are you smoking and where can I get some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I would think so, but it would take wwaaaayyy too long. Better on a bike I'd say, you might do it in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'd have to avoid motorways as far as portlaoise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd imagine a car would be less CO2 polluting than a car on the Dublin to Cork run, if you factored in food and the horse going for a dump every few miles :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I'd imagine a car would be less CO2 polluting than a car on the Dublin to Cork run, if you factored in food and the horse going for a dump every few miles :D

I thought they'd be about the same :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

if the travellers can do it, why can't you. I have seen them on the M50.It was posted here a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Probably illegal purely on animal welfare grounds :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Where do you display the road tax?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

how you gonna work those windscreen wipers? you could be done!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the tax disc (and insurance disc) both need to be placed at the front of the beast - possibly on the head. To ensure they don't fall off, nailing them on is recommended!
    NCT is not required!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Minimum horseshoe depth of 1.3 mm though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is it possible to ride a drunk monkey to Banbury Cross?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

By the time you get there, fuel prices should be back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Skyuser wrote: »
    By the time you get there, fuel prices should be back to normal.

More dead fish should have fossilised and turned into oil by then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only if the horse gets to ride you back! :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If one banned horses from any of our national roads (Except Motorways) you would have the travellers up in arms about it. These indivuals are poor and many of them still rely horses to get about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

best thread ever rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

staker wrote: »
    how you gonna work those windscreen wipers? you could be done!

Haahha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Will take you and horse in my van for a good price :D

What horsepower is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

If one banned horses from any of our national roads (Except Motorways) you would have the travellers up in arms about it. These indivuals are poor and many of them still rely horses to get about.

Most, if not all, of the pikies that I see go around in '08 or fairly new vans and Toyota Dyna pick up trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Sounds like a plan, but can u imagine the pounding ur ass/crotch/balls would take off the saddle.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Most, if not all, of the pikies that I see go around in '08 or fairly new vans and Toyota Dyna pick up trucks.
    Not the ones around Dunsink Lane. The seat belt law has had a devastating effect on their community in recent years, i.e. they cannot use vans to carry their families anymore. I have seen them moving around in battered up old UK registered cars and sulkies.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Imagine going through the toll bridge in a horse! :D

You would need to put lights onto the front and back of the horse!

Personally, it would be more fun on:

horse_head_std.jpg

EDIT: I meant "going through the toll bridge ON a horse." Dont want no Trojan Horses up the motorway!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Do you think the beast might become frightened on seeing a Garda Pointing the speed gun at him? He'll think he's in the knackers yard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Garda "Have u a full licence for that"
    Op "No, Garda"
    Garda "Wherre are ur L plates then":p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

If you do go ahead with this OP, please video it a la the Westport to Dublin video.

btw did anyone else see the Gardaí with the horse and trap and the car stopped in Chapelizod this evening around 8pm? It looked like there had been an accident. The horse was on the opposite side of the road to the trap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

How much would I have to pay for my 200hp carriage at the toll bridge? do I pay per horse?

Advertisement