Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo - Inside of wrist

Options
  • 12-05-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Was thinkin getting something not too big on the inside of my wrist but is it v. painful? Im worried it'll pop my veins or sumfink:D?? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It will hurt more than on a fleshy area. Anywhere bony hurts more.
    How much is individual - I have a tattoo that stretches down to the inside of the wrist and it did hurt more but not enough to cry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I've 2 tattoos on my right wrist, as is said in A LOT of the posts and replies in this forum, every individuals pain threshold is different. Personally, I found the experience very nice :) it stung but I mean you can get over it... and fairly quickly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

think long n hard about an inner wrist tattoo n make sue it's summit you def really want, was gonna get one myself but as was pointed out by a fellow poster, you're gonna see it everyday, forever, so you could get sick of it easy enough so if you do go for it make sure to really think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I wanted to get something to symbolise my family, 2 sprogs and unity and strength, blah blah blah so wanted it on that spot so i would see it all the time, have stuff on my back with initials and symbol for family but can never see it myself.:D dunno what to get though, trying to google images but not coming up with much. Saw on telly other day a women had her kids handprint tattooed, great idea but it looked a bit crap looking. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Redpunto wrote: »
    Any ideas?
    Nope, only advice - think loooong and hard before you decide what to get.
    Get something that is symbolic to you alone and is not in fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive the inside of my wrist done and it genuinely didnt hurt at all.

main thing with that type of tattoo is what le rack siad... you're gonna see it every day of yourlife for the rest of your life.

Thanks guys,,gonna hopefully get it done over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i got my boyfriend's name in japanese on my wrist and he got mine.

it's small and took about 5 mins, even less, but it hurt like hell. and that's coming from a girl who has her back and ribs done.

it's a lovely placement for a tattoo but in my experience it was excruciating!

Lookee what I got done:) Pic doesnt do it justice. Went to Mark in Inkwell and he was deadly. Didnt hurt at all,,,stung a bit but otherwise no bothers,, Im deliiighted with it, cant wait till the clingfilm comes off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Cool design...what is it?! Was the pain worse than to had anticipated or was it ok?

• Advertisement

:D
    aoife2k wrote: »
    Cool design...what is it?! Was the pain worse than to had anticipated or was it ok?
    Thankee :) Its a celtic motherhood tattoo, each dot representing a child, the one on top is the OH who tends to behave like the kids:D Pain wise it was grand, no bothers, was uncomfortable but didnt hurt. Ones on my back were worse. SO happy days all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 j-bone

fair play to ya..nice design!

j-bone wrote: »
    fair play to ya..nice design!
    :):):):) Cheers

very nice, turned out well!

any plans for the next one!?

Want to get one at the back of my neck but will have to think of design yet. I still have to tell my ma bout it :eek::eek: and I am of a certain age where that really should be an issue:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I'm twenty and spent the weekend hiding my neck piercing from my mam having just got my hair cut short enough to be just able to see it! And I hide my tatts...

hee, had me tongue pierced two years now n the thick twat that me da is he only noticed yesterday!

i told my mum about my first one and then of course the addiction took over and i didn't think she'd be too pleased!

didn't tell her about my ribs or ankle but she spotted them so from now on i tell her. told her about my back and she just gave me the "you're 21, do what you want!" speech!

tbh, unless you can hide it really well you're better off telling them. they can't really stop you getting it done unless you're very young or if they threaten to throw you out of the house but now that i've started telling her about them i find that she accepts them much better.

to the point that when her friends come over all i hear is "Fiona, get in here for a second!" and she pulls up my top to show them, "isn't it amazing!! now i don't really like them, but the artwork is fantastic!"

thanks ma! :D

Advertisement